Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

AT&T U-Verse Router side chained with a dd-wrt router for IPv6 access

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sseccajd

sseccajd

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:14 PM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:29 PM

OK so I have AT&T U-verse and I also have a DD WRT router connected to it in order to obtain a different IP every time I log on to a different user account on my computer. this method is a required method in order for me to conduct my business because it gives me a different WAN IP every time.

I have been having problems connecting to the Internet, because of it. this is the second time this occurs, . The first time it occurred, a AT&T technician came over and diagnosed the problem as the DD WRT router being the problem.

He said, The DD WRT router bridged to the AT&T U-verse router needed to be properly sub netted because if not it would eventually run out of IP's...

I think this eventually happened again and I don't know how to go about fixing the problem (i.e. Subnetting. Can anyone please help me?

Edited by sseccajd, 29 December 2016 - 01:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sseccajd

sseccajd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:54 PM

He also told me I needed to buy a switch to object the DD WRT to instead of directly to the at&t router/modem....

I'm just lost I'm trying to search online to get this fixed.

Currently I disconnected the dd wrt router and I'm just running through the Uverse router with the static IP. I'm also not able to connect with my windows computers for longer than 10 seconds until the connection doesn't work.

For some reason the connection is fine on my iPhone, which is where am on now.

#3 sseccajd

sseccajd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:11 PM

Ok so this link

http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r29392345-Finally-solved-my-internet-stability-problem-with-DD-WRT

seems.... like it might help and I've followed it's directions.

I will report back with my findings. 

Also as an update- I am only having problems connecting to the internet VIA my business computer I am able to connect VIA other computers but my speeds are down, super down ---my speedtest.NET confirms I Have 15Mbps download and 5Mbps upload whereas it was almost triple this before???

My business currently is struggling I need to get this fixed because I must use the same computer and I can't access the internet from it with ipv6 addresses as I have been before this!

Edited by sseccajd, 29 December 2016 - 02:13 PM.

#4 sseccajd

sseccajd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:47 PM

ok guys so it seems after using this command under Administration > Commands > Firewall
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --sport 67 --dport 68 -j ACCEPT

In my DD_WRT router Everything "seems to be working btter" my download speeds have gotten better since, they are at 33Mbps now as opposed to 15Mbps and my computer is connecting without any problems.

I still realyl don't understand what was happening or why it was happening but apparently it fixed the problem instead of having to "subnet" the two routers?

#5 sseccajd

sseccajd
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 41 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:25 PM

ok guys so it seems after using this command under Administration > Commands > Firewall
iptables -I INPUT -p udp --sport 67 --dport 68 -j ACCEPT

In my DD_WRT router Everything "seems to be working btter" my download speeds have gotten better since, they are at 33Mbps now as opposed to 15Mbps and my computer is connecting without any problems.

I still realyl don't understand what was happening or why it was happening but apparently it fixed the problem instead of having to create 2-4 subnets between the two routers.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users