Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hyper-V Machine Recovery

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 VenningG

VenningG

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:49 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:26 AM

I recently rebuilt my host Win10 machine and need to restore the Virtual Machines I had created under Hyper-V.  I kept all the machines and their settings on a separate drive, but cannot get Hyper-V to recognize them.

I tried restoring (and it's various options).  Each attempt presents an error  "could not be realized due to validation error".

I also tried creating a new machine, using the old .vhdx hard drives.  Hyper-V gives me an error regarding "uncompressed and unencrypted drives".

I want to recover the VMs as they were last used.  Some are Win10 machines that are already activated.

Comments/suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users