Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Connecting laptop and television

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 russianboxer

russianboxer

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:36 AM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 05:33 AM

Hello friends

I am trying to connect my laptop and my television to watch movies on my television from my laptop.I need to have both audio and video working.

I have connected my tv and laptop in the past using VGA and sound wires.It worked fine but my cat got stuck behind the computer and broke the sound hole and now the sound hole is not working anymore.

I have also connected HDMI wire and it worked fine.But for some reason this setting now only shows video but audio is not working.

So basicly what I want to know is what other options is there to connect my laptop and tv to have both audio and video working.

For example I have heard I can use the RCA composite and VGA wire to connect laptop and TV but I would also need a converter adapter.

My laptop has : HDMI , VGA , sound hole , ethereal , usp holes.

My television has : HDMI , VGA , S-video , RCA component , RCA composite , sound hole , and some other holes im not familiar with.

So what are all the options out there to connect my laptop and television to get audio and video?

Edited by russianboxer, 29 December 2016 - 05:35 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:07 AM

I have also connected HDMI wire and it worked fine.But for some reason this setting now only shows video but audio is not working.

With the HDMI cable connected to the machine and the tv on, open device manager and uninstall your audio drivers then reboot the machine.

#3 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

Open your device manager.SoAuhSB.png hit the start button then copy and paste devmgmt.msc into the start search box hit enter.

Left click the + next to audio drivers, right click and un-install all audio drivers. Reboot the computer, then let us know if it works.

Note: Do not check the "Delete the driver software for this device box"

Edited by InadequateInfirmity, 29 December 2016 - 06:13 AM.

#4 russianboxer

russianboxer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 05:05 PM

audio now working for some reason before I did any uninstalls.Maybe it has to do with bad contact that it did not work before.But its odd hdmi is both video and audio and video always worked.

thx for inputs

Edited by russianboxer, 01 January 2017 - 05:06 PM.

#5 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  

Posted 04 January 2017 - 05:19 AM

Thanks for letting us know.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users