Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

If anyone has free time, or likes to help out others pro-bono, click here

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 mdjaradi

mdjaradi

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:55 AM

Hey everyone,

I have an image that I would like to edit. I am only familiar with Lightroom at the moment but can't really do this edit correctly. I would like to cover/mask/eliminate/blend (lol) "2400" from the image. If anyone can help, or even do it, I would be extremely grateful. 

Here is the image in raw form:

https://drive.google.com/a/oakland.edu/file/d/0B0c9zoxYDnyJZVZZSXNOV1RqbUk/view?usp=sharing

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mdjaradi

mdjaradi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:41 PM

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:15 AM

If you just tried opening it and it failed, I fixed the sharing preferences.. Sorry!

#3 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:54 AM

Give me a few minutes and I'll do it for you, then tell you how I did it.

#4 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:57 AM

DANG this thing is HUGE.  It's almost 20 Mbytes.

1st step is to convert this NEF file to JPG.

http://www.iloveimg.com/convert-to-jpg/

#5 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:05 AM

mdjaradi.jpg

#6 Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

Guest_Aaron_Warrior_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:11 AM

1) Convert NEF to JPG using online link above, and download to your computer
2) Open JPG in Windows Paint
3) Select a box of the yellow black image immediately above the "2400" text approxiamately twice as high vertically as the "2400" text is, and about 50% longer horizontally.
4)  "Copy" the rectangular selection.
5)  "Paste" the selection

6) Drag the pasted the selection to the same place you copied it from, so it overlaps the original and then
7) Select the lower edge of the pasted selection and pull the lower edge downward until it is almost to the bottom of the yellow box.  Too low and you will see it against the black frame of the concrete thing, and too high and you will see the horizontal line between the "2400" and the bottom of the yellow area.

The copied image stretches leaving a smooth graduation from top to bottom, matches the colors perfectly at the top line and hides the differences at the bottom because it is close to the bottom of the yellow box.  So the only place that might not look good are the two sides, which in this case, they did.

I make memes and have been practicing these types of techniques for a couple of months.  Took me more time to download the NEF file than it did to do the work.  Hope you are happy with it.

#7 mdjaradi

mdjaradi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:06 AM

Thanks a ton! I tried copying the other side and pasting it but it didn't work. I've never done this method before. I am having a bit of trouble dragging the box down far enough, though. I either go too low and you can see the edge of the pasted material or too high and I see the black line you referred to. I'll keep taking shots at it. Thanks again!

#8 mdjaradi

mdjaradi
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 09:17 AM

Here is my greatest:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4OLYE2ufoDYdVhVWmNISTVEa2c/view?usp=sharing

Unfortunately, the left side of the box is showing, but I don't think anyone will be able to tell. I may hit that section with a median filter in Matlab.

Edited by mdjaradi, 29 December 2016 - 09:19 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users