Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

No bootable medium detected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kevinthegamerNL

kevinthegamerNL

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:43 PM

hello,

I recently installed Mac OS X on a Asus Laptop

everything works perfectly except booting

my Pc does't recognize my HDD as a bootable medium anymore (it doesn't appear in the BIOS)

the only way to boot in Mac OS is by booting from the USB I used to install Mac OS on my laptop and then selecting the HDD

why doesn't my laptop recognize the hdd anymore?? is there a way i can boot Mac OS without using the USB??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,200 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:03 AM

You can't really install any Mac OS on non-Apple hardware. There are some hacks that allow this, but there are also copyright issues if you do this.

In your case, it's possible that the BIOS doesn't recognize the hard drive format because Macs use a different formatting from PCs. However, since the Mac OS is very similar to Linux and uses a similar drive format, that shouldn't necessarily be an issue. I suspect you've run into the non-Apple approved hardware issue.

#3 kevinthegamerNL

kevinthegamerNL
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 January 2017 - 11:13 AM

You can't really install any Mac OS on non-Apple hardware. There are some hacks that allow this, but there are also copyright issues if you do this.

In your case, it's possible that the BIOS doesn't recognize the hard drive format because Macs use a different formatting from PCs. However, since the Mac OS is very similar to Linux and uses a similar drive format, that shouldn't necessarily be an issue. I suspect you've run into the non-Apple approved hardware issue.

So there is not really a fix for it?

also, I made a partition in NTFS format and installed windows XP on it but this won't show up in the bios either

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users