Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hitachi HTS7275 Travelstar saveable???

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 daslouse

daslouse

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:36 PM

I have 2 HDD in my laptop, one of them works, the other dosent, Its a hitachi 7275 Travelstar model, It still show up in my device manager, But i can acces any volumes. Ive searched it in easeus utility, and it recognizes it as a lost partition, Basically im hoping that i can somehow recover this drive so its usable again. I will post SS if needed, just need some direction first

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 PM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

This is not a RAID setup is it? I am not familiar with the Easeus Utility unless it is the Data Recovery Software that scans the disk.

One thing to try is download Partition Wizard. Scan the disk using the Partition Recovery Wizard. Use Quick Scan on the full disk. On any partition it finds double click it. Do you see your files?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,866 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:24 PM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:53 PM

What onscreen error messages do you get regarding this?

Is THIS the EaseUS program you used?

Louis

#4 daslouse

daslouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:56 PM

Im not getting an error message or anything as the entire drive is not accessable... Like If i go to "my computer" the drive dosent show up.

And yes. Easeus is the application im using.. Im trying to recover the partition to make it usabel? its 750g so ide like taht space

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:58 PM

What is shown for the drive in Disk Management? Does it say the drive is RAW or offline?

#6 daslouse

daslouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:02 PM

It dosent show up in disk management

#7 daslouse

daslouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:06 PM

Basically what im suck with

Attached Files

#8 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:11 PM

The disk has failed and I'm afraid the only way you will get data from this disk is by using a professional data recovery service. It would depend on how much this data is worth to you as the recovery, if it is even possible, is not cheap, form $800 and up. One of the better services is DriveSavers. They do provide free quotes.

http://www.drivesaversdatarecovery.com/

#9 daslouse

daslouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:12 PM

There isnt any data on it, Im not trying to recover data from it, I just want to make it useable again. Wipe it and start fresh if its possible

#10 daslouse

daslouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:15 PM

Or is this one in the same

#11 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:17 PM

If it can be done zero wipe the disk quick using Partition Wizard. Create a primary partition and format it NTFS.

After creating the partiiton, if it's even possible, run a disk diagnostic using Seatools for Windows. Run the short and long tests. It will work for the Hitachi. I have a feeling the drive cannot be recovered.

#12 daslouse

daslouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:38 PM

Unfort. I do not have the option to "wipe" the disk as illlustrated in the video. its all grayed out..

#13 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:42 PM

I believe that because the disk is marked bad disk as shown in your post #7 image. There is no communication between the disk and OS.

#14 daslouse

daslouse
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

Is there a way i can bypass that?

orrr, is the drive just bleeped

Edited by daslouse, 28 December 2016 - 06:51 PM.

#15 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 23,975 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Not that I know of. You may have a chance using Parted Magic which is part of UBCD. It's linux based. Boot the UBCD disk and select Parted Magic. On the Desktop is an option to do a SecureErase. It will be called Erase Disk on the desktop. Make absolutely sure you are working with the correct disk.

https://partedmagic.com/secure-erase/

You may not have all the options in the above link as the Parted Magic version in UBCD is the last free version. The current version is $9.

http://techgage.com/article/securely-erasing-your-ssd-with-linux-a-how-to/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users