Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Basic question

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 loudy_ca

loudy_ca

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:43 AM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 01:30 PM

First of all, I would like to SAY HELLO everyone.

I'm planning to start learning Networking, so I'm using Lyna.com to go over some courses there, my I'm confused as I see Networking is a big topic and there are lots of way and systems.

My company uses: windows server 2012 as a server and I see there are lots of cisco hubs and routers that I want to learn.

I have a basic question: 

My Company has almost 300 computers connected to one server, each user when he login to the windows, he got a hard drive with 10 GB to store his files there. as well the desktop. 
so if the user opens his account from any other computer he can access his files in the drive. but the desktop shows empty.

I have a simple question: what type of the network is this? what do you call this network?

FYI: All our computers are windows 7 pro. I think the server is windows server 2012.

Thank you so much.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sflatechguy

sflatechguy

• BC Advisor
  • 2,233 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:43 AM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 10:39 AM

That sounds like folder redirection. It looks as if the Documents folder is being redirected to a user folder on a shared drive somewhere, while the desktop is not being redirected. This is enabled and set using Group Policy, so it sounds like your network is set up as a domain.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users