Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wifi drive

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 revonick11-1

revonick11-1

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 11:35 AM

Hi,

I been having trouble with my laptops wifi for a couple months by now. What happens to my wifi Wi-Fi is that is slow comparing to my other devices, it doesn't connect to other routers besides the one in my house (I haven't disconnect my laptop from my house) and it normally shuts down and leave and d Mark on the wifi icon and get I connection a exclamation mark shows restraining my access to wifi..

I have already updated and roll back but it doesn't work. I have already use an anti-malware (malwarebites) and found something which I though it was the case of my Wi-Fi problem but it wasn't.

I think the main reason why is having these problems is because I updated to Windows ten when it was on the alpha release since that's where my problem came up but I downgraded my laptop with disc that I bought a long time ago and I still have the same problem.

I have research this for a while but the only thing i can find is how to fix the router which is not the problem, I would appreciate if anybody know if this is a digital or physical problem that i don't have to keep searching for a solution.

thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:53 PM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

I been having trouble with my laptops wifi for a couple months by now.

@revonick11-1

Are you seeking help with a single machine or multiple machines?

If you are sure the problem lies with the machine(s)...

I have used and found very helpful NetAdapter Repair All In One.

I hope this helps to resolve your issues!

Old Rocker

#3 revonick11-1

revonick11-1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:17 PM

is a single machine (sorry for the gramma error) and I have netadapter but everytime I open the program I get a warning message about "microsoft.net" so I just skip it and and when I use the program it crash on me and my laptop restart on its own.

#4 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 07:05 PM

I think the main reason why is having these problems is because I updated to Windows ten when it was on the alpha release since that's where my problem came up but I downgraded my laptop with disc that I bought a long time ago and I still have the same problem.

@revonick11-1

1. Please do tell what Operating System you downgraded to?

2. Does the operating system have All Updates Installed?

Thank you

Old Rocker

#5 revonick11-1

revonick11-1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:36 AM

1) I downgraded to 8.1

2) All the drives are updated and i doble check thst just in case

#6 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:45 PM

revonick11-1

I recommend you download the Web Installer if you can access the web at all with WiFi or a Lan Cable Ethernet Port to one of the following Router/Modem/Switch depending on your setup.

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Web Installer) for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49981
On this page, choose the Download button.
To install the software now, choose the Run button.
To install the software later, choose the Save button. (When you install, the computer must be connected to the Internet.)

Optionally you can download from another machine the Offline Installer and save it to a USB drive so you may install to the laptop unable to connect...

Microsoft .NET Framework 4.6.1 (Offline Installer) for Windows 7 SP1, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10, Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1, Windows Server 2012 and Windows Server 2012 R2
https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=49982
On this page, choose the Download button.
To install the software now, choose the Run button.
To install the software later, choose the Save button. (When you install, the computer must be connected to the Internet.)

Hopefully this will resolve the .Net Framework error you are receiving!

Old Rocker

#7 revonick11-1

revonick11-1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 31 December 2016 - 02:55 PM

is working better thank you so much for the help but I encounter another problem, which is my internet explorer browser, for some odd reason i can't load the website but I think I can solve that by getting another browser but it would be appreciated it if there is a way to fix it, thank you for everything

#8 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 489 posts
  •  

Posted 01 January 2017 - 09:11 AM

@revonick11-1

First off Happy New Year!

I have already updated and roll back but it doesn't work. I have already use an anti-malware (malwarebites) and found something which I though it was the case of my Wi-Fi problem but it wasn't.

#1. I would highly recommend you to consider one Anti-Virus to help protect your system. Example the built in Windows Defender; Windows Defender replaces the familiar Microsoft Security Essentials in Windows 7.

From the Start Screen, begin typing defender and the Windows Defender Icon shows.

Click the icon to access Windows Defender settings & configuration.

Before proceeding to the next step I would Run A Full System Scan just as a backup to the cleaning performed with Malwarebytes.

#2. Open Control Panel, find & open Internet Options.

On the Internet Properties window click the Advanced Tab.

On the window click the Restore advanced settings, then click Reset.

On the Reset Internet Explorer Settings click Delete personal settings then click Reset.

After processing you should see 4 green checkmarks beside the resets performed.

Click Close on the Resetting Internet Explorer Settings Window, all windows close and you can close Control Panel.

Reboot and see if this resolves your Internet Explorer browsing problems!

I hope this sheds a little light on your system!

Old Rocker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users