Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Backdoor agent

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Oppaswagwanstyle

Oppaswagwanstyle

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:07 PM

Happy Holidays everyone!

So I had got a backdoor agent more than a year ago. Back then I used many anti viruses to try and remove the backdoor agent. By the way they were malwarebytes, avira , avast. I would always check right after on my chrome to see if there were note more ads and redirections and pages would actually load. These would always happen but when I had used CCleaner it worked. Everything came back to normal and even my fps on games went back up cus it was removed as it was also affected. Now I'm here to ask if I should still be worried. I know CCleaner isn't an anti virus or anything but is it possible it deleted backdoor agent in the process of running the clean up. Could it still be lurking or something. I've been really paranoid lately. Please help. Thanks in advance:))

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 InadequateInfirmity

InadequateInfirmity

I Gots Me A Certified Edumication

• Banned
  • 5,180 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:19 PM

Zemana Deep Scan.

• Right click on Zemana and run as admin.
  • Click the Cog/Sproket Wheel, at the top right of Zemana
  • Select Advanced - I have read the warning and wish to proceed.
  • Place a tick next to Detect Suspicious (Root CA) Certificates.
  • Then click the house icon in Zemana.
  • Then hit your start button at the lower left hand corner of your desktop.
  • Then left click on Computer.
  • Drag Local Disk C: Into the area of Zemana that reads Drag and drop files here to scan them.
  • oHw0QqX.png
  • Once the scan has completed click graph icon on the top right of the programs User interface.
  • Double click to open the latest log-file.
  • Copy it to your clipboard.
  • Post the log here in your next reply.

Security Check Scan.

• Download Security Check to your desktop.
  • Right click it run as administrator.
  • When the program completes, the tool will automatically open a log file.
  • Please post that log here in your next post.

MiniToolBox Scan.

Please download MINITOOLBOX and run it.

Checkmark following boxes:

Flush DNS
Reset FF proxy Settings
Reset Ie Proxy Settings
Report IE Proxy Settings
Report FF Proxy Settings
List content of Hosts
List IP configuration
List Winsock Entries
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size
List Devices (problems only)

Click Go post the result.

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 08 January 2017 - 01:33 PM

Hello. With a backdoor Trojan we feel this is the first response.

They allows hackers to remotely control your computer, steal critical system information and download and execute files.

I would counsel you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to apprise them of your situation.

Though the trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of it's backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. Please read these for more information:

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
When Should I Format, How Should I Reinstall

We can still clean this machine but I can't guarantee that it will be 100% secure afterwards. Let me know what you decide to do.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users