Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sd card for storage of movies problem

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 cyberfruits

cyberfruits

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

Hi
I have been storing films in various formats (AVI, mpg mp4 mkv and dvd's) on various

SD cards with 256 gb.
I tried to to play one the other day and it says can not render file and various other

error messages. i use mpc-hc player, vlc and got several other ones. i tried other

computers and other files, i got i laptop which allows the card to be plugged in direct

and i got usb adapters. the cards appear to corrupt the files, but as there are so

many different cards and files i find that hard to believe. the cards are fat formatted.
any ideas please how to fix the files or what  is going on? am i missing the obvious?

lol?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,106 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:02 PM

https://www.google.com/#q=fle+corruption+on+SD+cards

Louis

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 AM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:05 AM

Could be fake Sd cards, 256gigs hu ? what ya pay for that ?

#4 cyberfruits

cyberfruits
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:32 PM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:21 AM

They are various sd cards, they are not all 256 some are 32 some 64 etc, they are various makes like Kingston scandisk etc. I also use several different computers with different operating systems like windows 10, 7 and the old xp some with an usb stick and some plug in direct, yes I have after moving the files played some and they are fine. Now they are not. I have also ejected them via the taskbar “safely remove hardware”.

My laptop is only 1 year old from new and can take sd cards this size. So different cards different computer different plug in system yet movie files are not playing but they are there alright, pictures and text files display/open ok. The cards are mainly used to archive stuff and we are talking on several cards.

Terabytes of stuff and therefore too many disks would be needed. Because of different cards, makes and system of use I find it hard to believe they are all duff and that would be strange odds.

Edited by hamluis, 28 December 2016 - 06:05 PM.
Removed formatting - Hamluis.

#5 bludgard

bludgard

• Members
  • 934 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:32 AM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 05:02 PM

Can a file be copied to desktop? Drag and drop a movie to desktop and try to play it.

If all cards render corrupt in all computers; I would suspect malware on one or more machines (and/or mobile device/s) these cards have been plugged into.

Edited by bludgard, 28 December 2016 - 05:03 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users