Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

How to improve a profile for MS IS degree?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Mahammad

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:19 AM

Dear forum members,

I need your help!

I have a bachelor's degree in Organization and Management of Industry form the Azerbaijan State University of Economics . I'm planning to apply for MS Information Systems at Lund University in Sweden. Prerequisites for this program are that an applicant must have at least 60 credits IS-related courses.These must include
1)Foundations and Role of IS,2)Systems Analysis and Design ,3)Data and Information,4)Human-Computer Interaction,5)Organisation and IS.If the applicant lacks(which I do) above-mentioned credits s/he must show motivation with CV and Motivation Letter.

I have only 2 IS-related courses-Informatics and Information Economics on my bachelor transcript. After a little bit of research I've found MTA certification-Microsoft Technology Associate which I think will help to prove my motivation for this programme. Also, I've newly been accepted to a job-Junior Operational Risk Analyst at the Central Bank which I think could be helpful.

Thus, I need an idea of what else should I get in order to assure my acceptance to this programme. I will apply next year so I have a whole year to improve my profile. 

Please,help me guys.

Each suggestion will be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

• 55,000 posts
  • Local time:10:09 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:44 AM

Would it not be more appropriate...to contact the school?  No one here is in better position to advise you re the acceptability or non-acceptability of academic courses, IMO.

Maybe academic schooling has changed in the eons that have elapsed since I played that game...but that's the approach I would take if I wondered about such.

#3 Mahammad

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:50 AM

hamluis, thanks for your answer.

Of course,I have contacted the school before seeking advice in forums.However, the school don't consult in such issues,they only give some formal information,that's why I wanted to get some advice from IT professionals. 

#4 KingDavidlll

• Malware Study Hall Junior
  • 297 posts
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 02 January 2017 - 09:07 PM

Perhaps look into getting you CompTIA A+ as well? Also look into what the course teaches and the pre-requisites for each of the core subjects and see what the course outcomes are. Then if you don't know what it is learn it. Also perhaps make an application for this year, then see what the response is (if they accept, defer for a year) and if they decline you can find out why.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users