Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Malwarebytes 3.0

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yooperdome

• Members
  • 8 posts
  • Local time:10:25 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:56 PM

I tried the trial & it was great but not for the pocketbook. I don't know how many out there are using the free addition but when I scan, it scans for about 4 seconds & quits. It shows all zeros. I don't get it. I've uninstalled it & reinstalled it & with the same results. Help!  I appreciate any help.

Edit: Moved topic from All Other Applications to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 MoxieMomma

• Members
  • 471 posts
  • Local time:08:25 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:19 PM

Yes, unfortunately, there are at least 19 pages of stability, performance and compatibility issues reported over at the Malwarebytes forum since version 3.0 launched on Dec 8.

For best attention by the QA and developer teams, I suggest starting with the advice HERE and then posting a new, separate topic in the Malwarebytes 3.0 forum HERE.

If you want to revert to version, it is available for download here at bleeping from THIS LINK.

(Note: many users have reported issues both upgrading to 3.0.x and also downgrading from 3.0.x to  There is no removal tool for version 3.0 yet. So, first, be sure that the Self-Protection module is disabled and then uninstall from the Windows Control Panel.  It would probably be a good idea to reboot before trying to reinstall MBAM

Good luck,

#3 yooperdome

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 11:26 AM

You're right, MoxieMomma

Evidently, there's many bugs to be worked out. I sent a support e-mail to them & see what happens. Maybe it's a gimmick for you to buy the premium edition. Without uninstalling 3.0,  I downloaded back to the version & worked just like it did before.

#4 quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 50,745 posts

Posted 27 December 2016 - 03:23 PM

While there are bugs and glitches to be worked out, I assure you that it is not a gimmick to get anyone to purchase the Premium version.
Just like with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, Malwarebytes 3.0 will also be available with a free mode version (stand-alone scanner) for those who do not want real-time protection.
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users