Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Disable MIcrosoft Account Sign In

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dehoo

dehoo

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:48 PM

Hello,

I have just upgraded from XP to a Windows 8.1 machine.  I wanted to know if there is any way to disable the Microsoft account sign in.  I want to download some free apps and it will not allow this unless I get an account....I don't like that.

I have read around that there are ways to do this however they seem to change on instructions from post to post so I thought I would ask the experts. 

If anyone out there can help or send me in the right direction, I would appreciate it very much!

Thank you and Happy Holidays to all!

Not sure if I am missing something very obvious or has this stumped the world of Bleeping computer......

No one has anything to offer?  Maybe I am explaining this inaccurately which is highly probable.

Again, any help is greatly appreciated!

Edited by dehoo, 27 December 2016 - 12:29 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 04:59 PM

Howtogeek....

http://www.howtogeek.com/227763/how-to-completely-delete-your-microsoft-account/

Note: Link Corrected

Edited by saw101, 27 December 2016 - 06:05 PM.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

#3 jburd1800

jburd1800

• Members
  • 565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 05:49 PM

deleted

Edited by jburd1800, 27 December 2016 - 07:08 PM.

“May the sun bring you new energy by day, may the moon softly restore you by night, may the rain wash away your worries, may the breeze blow new strength into your being, may you walk gently thorugh the world and know it's beauty all the days of your life.”

#4 dehoo

dehoo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 122 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:30 PM

Thanks !

#5 saw101

saw101

• Members
  • 414 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:50 PM

You're welcome dehoo......Post back & let us know how it went.

I never make the same mistake twice....I always make it 5 or 6 times just to be sure!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users