Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got some glitchy graphics errors

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Xaithix

Xaithix

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:26 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:43 PM

Hello friends

So yesterday I got a new desk for Christmas, desperately needed.  I set it up and moved my PC from one desk to another.  After getting everything set up, I noticed some things on my secondary monitor were a bit fuzzy, but I just sorta ignored it.  Later in the day, playing some games that I normally can get easily 120+ FPS on, and I'm getting a pitiful 20 FPS.  40 FPS after changing to lowest settings.  

SO I thought maybe my drivers needed an updating.  After about half an hour of updates I restarted to find my secondary monitor isn't even using my graphics card at all, the resolution is all messed up, everything's fuzzy, everything's huge, yay.  Fun.  I checked with Dxdiag and sure enough my main monitor is fine but my second one is using integrated graphics.  I have no idea how to fix this at all.  I've tried updating drivers again with an older version, didn't work.  As an interesting note, when I right click my desktop, I have options for intel graphics but my Nvidia control panel is gone.  

Maybe my card got bumped in the move to the new desk?  Or unplugging my monitors messed something up?  I could really use some help!

My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 760, if you need any more information just ask.

Thanks so much!

EDIT:  Ok, I found my control panel actually.  Under the main windows control panel.  The problem is, when I click on it it tells me there's no monitors connected to an Nvidia graphics card.  Dxdiag clearly tells me my main monitor is, and I checked the card inside the PC and it's still attached properly.

EDIT 2: Ok, so I restarted in an attempt to reinstall the drivers AGAIN and now the resolution issue is fixed and I can access my Nvidia control pannel, however Dxdiag still says my second monitor is using integrated graphics and Dark Souls III is still getting 10 FPS.  Really need some help here, I can't find any answers online.

EDIT 3: Messing around in the Nvidia Control Panel, looking under set up multiple displays.  Nvidia is not detecting my second monitor.  What can I do to fix this?  I tried rigorous display detection to no avail.  And I am using a monitor, not a TV.

EDIT 4:  After messing around even more, unplugging my monitors and checking Dxdiag over and over, it turns out it's my MAIN monitor using integrated...?  Seeing what I can do.

Edited by Xaithix, 26 December 2016 - 02:34 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Xaithix

Xaithix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 04:57 PM

Bump

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:23 PM

Stupid question but have to ask, both your dvi cables are only plugged in to the video card right

#4 Xaithix

Xaithix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

Yes, they should be (they're arranged exactly how they were before, when they worked).

#5 Xaithix

Xaithix
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 07:32 PM

Bump again...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users