Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What should boot first on MSI click BIOS 4? / Second monitor not being detected

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DexterSE

DexterSE

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:18 AM

I've been having a problem with my PC lately that consists of my second monitor and my BIOS boot priority(I am using MSI click BIOS 4). So far I have the following listed from top to bottom priorities:
1.) Hard disk:  Toshiba 950GB
2.) UEFI CD/DVD
3.) UEFI USB Hard disk
4.) UEFI USB CD/DVD
5.) UEFI Network
6.) USB Hard disk
7.) USB CD/DVD
8.) UEFI USB Key
9.) UEFI Hard Disk: UEFI OS
10.) CD/DVD: Asus
11.) USB key
12.) USB Floppy
13.) Network
The reason I believe that the BIOS boot priorities are messing with my second monitor is because I ran into the error 0xc000000f yesterday when I attempted to boot Windows 10, the fix for this problem that I came up with was to boot my hard disk first which did the trick. But now my second monitor is no longer being detected by Windows 10 (64-bit). I've already bought a new VGA cord for my monitor and even borrowed my friend's monitor to test if it was that but failed with no luck. Any ideas on how to fix this? If more details are required please let me know. -DexterSE

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 457 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 09:42 AM

@DexterSE

Watching the video I've linked to below, offers an overview of where to check settings and a breif overview to what each setting does.

MSI Z97 Gaming Series Click BIOS 4 (UEFI):

I.M.H.O. the boot priority looks good, provided that the Toshiba 950GB is the Only Hard Drive or the Hard Drive your Operating System is Installed on.

I hope this helps in resolving your issues concerning the Click BIOS 4 in your system.

Old Rocker

#3 DexterSE

DexterSE
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 12:08 AM

@old rocker

@DexterSE

Watching the video I've linked to below, offers an overview of where to check settings and a breif overview to what each setting does.

MSI Z97 Gaming Series Click BIOS 4 (UEFI):

I.M.H.O. the boot priority looks good, provided that the Toshiba 950GB is the Only Hard Drive or the Hard Drive your Operating System is Installed on.

I hope this helps in resolving your issues concerning the Click BIOS 4 in your system.

Old Rocker

Yes! It my second monitor works perfectly now! Thanks for recommending this video , you're a wallet saver man!

Edited by DexterSE, 28 December 2016 - 12:09 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users