Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Playing Audio Files

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 golfermark

golfermark

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:00 PM

Please can someone help me as this is driving me mad!!!

When I play audio whether using Windows Media Player, iTunes or Creative Media after approx 10 minutes if using other programs or on the internet and scrolling the music slows down, as though you are stopping a record going round ( that makes me old, doesn't it !!!).

I've opened Task manager to see if it's because there are to many applications going on at the same time but it makes no difference if I have open several programs or just the media file and any other programme.

Any idea's / suggestions would be gratefully received.

Many thanks

Mark

Mod Edit: Moved topic to more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

Edited by Animal, 28 August 2006 - 05:47 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 frankie12

frankie12

• Members
  • 941 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:12 AM

Posted 29 August 2006 - 10:22 PM

How how is your computer usage?

If it is the 90's or even 100 that could be your problem.

#3 mcheraghimn

mcheraghimn

• Banned
  • 62 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 01 September 2006 - 06:32 PM

I am sure your players and computers doesn't have any problems,and i think it is because of your music,or your computer might have viruses.

#4 golfermark

golfermark
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:12 PM

Posted 03 September 2006 - 03:21 PM

Hi guy's many thanks for the replies. I thought it might be to do with usage and when playing music (and this is either loaded on the hard drive or straight from an audio cd) and scrolling the usage (CPU) does go up but only to about 75%.

As I said this happens also when playing either loaded or music from a cd, so that rules out any issue of the music being corrupted. I have run Norton anti-virus software ( and run Zone alarm through as well) and as far as I can tell I have no viruses.

This doesn't happen whan I first start up so Im starting to think it might just be the CPU getting warm and the that it can't handle the amount of usage in short bursts. The processor is a AMD Duron 1000 GHz with 632MB of RAM.

Any other suggestions would be gratfully received

Many thanks

Mark

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users