Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

my laptop Is year old and slow as hell...PLz help

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 frankie925

frankie925

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 08:23 AM

I have an asus x553s laptop with the standard stuff but how can I upgrade it to make it fast?I heard graphics cards and ram but can't really find were to find that stuff plz someone, anyone, help?

Edited by hamluis, 26 December 2016 - 10:10 AM.
Moved from System Building to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:02 AM

Besides putting a SSD in it or more ram theirs little you can do with a laptop.

#3 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:27 AM

I have an asus x553s laptop with the standard stuff but how can I upgrade it to make it fast?I heard graphics cards and ram but can't really find were to find that stuff plz someone, anyone, help?

There is nothing to upgrade. You must take care only.

1. How do you have cleaned it?
  2. How large is OS partition? Normal is 200GB -300GB, never more, if there is HDD.
  3. How many times You have made clean install during this time?
  4. Maybe You have installed some PUP antivirus, which is not compatible with this configuration?
ETC.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,257 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:07 AM

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:40 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:20 PM

This notebook (ASUS X553SA) comes with 4GB of RAM installed.  You can have a maximum of 8GB installed.  Adding the 4GB of RAM will make an appreciable difference in the computer's performance.

When you have posted the Speccy I will be able to see the RAM that is installed and will be able to provide you with a link to a website where you can purchase matching module.  This is important since this computer is capable of running in dual channel.  Dual channel effectively doubles the speed of the RAM.

There is no need to change your partition size, nor is there any need to reinstall the operating system.  Just adding RAM alone will make the computer run faster.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 frankie925

frankie925
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:09 PM

theres no way to speed up computer like with a graphics card or something I'm very technical  I'm just lazy to do my homework thats why I'm here lol...or should I just build a custom desktop?with the what I want to put in it...im just looking for a make my computer a gaming computer...where I can run mayplestory with no lag or crashes lol...simple game but this new computer can not handle for some reason

#7 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 10:36 PM

Desktop bro all the way when it comes to gaming, for the most part you can't do jack with laptops.

#8 frankie925

frankie925
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 06:27 AM

whats a good set up?any know where I can buy all the parts or tutorial to set on up...cool now with like led light in haha and I want to put good graphics chip so I can get no lag on a game like maple story or trickester... :hysterical:  :busy:

#9 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 08:14 AM

beats me, all i know is i can get older used video cards that are cheap for like $100 or less, as for basic gaming systems on the cheap i can get full systems for like $200 that are decent, with like $500 or less if you know what your doing you should be able to get all setup with a basic gaming desktop.

maplestory system reqerments are low, i can get a comptuer for that all setup for like $250 or less.

System_Requirments_for_MapleStory.png

#10 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:16 PM

System_Requirments_for_MapleStory.png

You'd be fine with integrated graphics on an APU for this game. 

Your laptop in question is not upgradeable as Laptop parts are generally unique for their system. As shadow_647 said, something around $250 - $300 would be enough.

#11 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 27 December 2016 - 12:28 PM

Integrated GPU blow anyways, was just looking at a nvidia Geforce9 9800GTX+ 512 ram going for like $20 hehe, so cheap and way better then integrated anything video.

#12 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:40 PM

Posted 27 December 2016 - 01:05 PM

Integrated GPU blow anyways, was just looking at a nvidia Geforce9 9800GTX+ 512 ram going for like $20 hehe, so cheap and way better then integrated anything video.

He's need a better CPU anyway as the current one is below spec.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users