Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Refurbished Laptop Won't Connect to Network

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Largil

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:13 AM

Hello and Merry Christmas folks.

So I see alot of similar threads on here about a similar issue to the one I'm having. I have tried to figure this out myself by looking at these threads and so far I've had no luck. My apologies if I'm wasting anyone's time by missing an answer that's already been given. 

I bought my wife a refurbished laptop that is running Windows 7. I can't access any wireless network and when I try to troubleshoot, the troubleshoot system simply won't respond. 

On the Network and Sharing center screen, when I click on the little red X , I get the error message, "Windows cannot find "C:\Windows\System32\msdt.exe". Make sure you typed the name correctly, then try again". 

I used an ethernet cable, connected directly to internet and tried the following. 

Updated all drivers for network card, ( Intel Pro/ Wireless 2915ABG Network Connection #2) 
Typed in network manually, didn't work
Downloaded and ran DLLsuite. 

If i may be so bold, could I please get some assistance? 

Thanks very much

More abou

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 opera

• Members
  • 872 posts
  • Local time:06:44 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:27 AM

Have you got the network card info right as the site says it only supports xp and Vista?

#3 Largil

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  • Local time:10:44 PM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:33 AM

I wonder if the dealer tried to upgrade to 7 and did not realize it was not compatible. 

I never thought of that. 

Thanks for your time!! 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users