Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Will this monitor will work with my pc?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 TheUninvited

TheUninvited

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:10 PM

I am thinking of buying this monitor, mostly for gaming , anime, adobe premiere pro.
I am wondering if my pc will run this monitor ?

LG 29UM58-P 29IN UltraWide 21:9 IPS LED Monitor

https://www.amazon.com/LG-29UM58-P-29IN-UltraWide-21/dp/B01B67KAQ4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1482683959&sr=8-1&keywords=LG+29UM58-P

My pc has the following specs:
Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 760 Jetstream 2GB DDR5 PCI-E Dual DVI HDMI DP (Palit)
AMD FX8320 : 3.5 GHZ
RAM: 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws 8GB DDR3 Non ECC CL7 1066MHz (Kit 2 x 4096)
MOTHERBOARD: MSI Socket AM3+ 970A-G46 GLan Audio Raid
CPU COOLER: Cpu Cooler Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo for Intel and AMD

Thanks for the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 03:26 PM

Why would it not?  IME...monitors, mice, and keyboards are universal parts in that they can be connected to any system, regardless of brand or model.

FWIW

Louis

#3 TheUninvited

TheUninvited
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:36 AM

Why would it not?  IME...monitors, mice, and keyboards are universal parts in that they can be connected to any system, regardless of brand or model.

FWIW

Louis

Thanks a lot man , may i ask another question i've heard people having migraines and headaches when it comes to sitting too long on this monitor. But in general do you think the 29" inch monitors will cause more trouble in the eyes than a 21" inch monitor?

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 09:08 AM

All i know is i used a TN lcd monitor for a year at one point and i swear it did eye damage, went back to a CRT monitor and everything is fine.

At lest your getting a ISP screen, i can't deal with TN screens its like murder for my eyes.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:46 PM

Why...would anyone think that a larger screen...involve more eyestrain than a smaller one?

IME...that's not the case, physically.

A person looking at a notebook or tablet...is more likely to produce eye strain/headaches...than a larger screened monitor.

Eyestrain can leads\ to headaches...any optometrist or optician can verify that for you.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users