Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google account hacked

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 MagnusComputing

MagnusComputing

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:00 PM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 11:56 AM

Hello everyone. I tried to log in to my youtube like I do every day, and it said my password was changed. So I got back into my account by rechanging the password and I found the hackers ip and device he used to get into my account, provided by gmail.
What can I do with this information?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 kaljukass

kaljukass

• Banned
  • 291 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:00 PM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 12:33 PM

Absolutely nothing. And most probably has changed the password this human whom you know and who knew yours password. It is someone of the friends or some of the old friends.

Most probably the IP don't help in any way, it is so simple to change. But if You have it, I can try to find out, what it is and where it located. Is it normal IP or something else.

If something similar happens again, You may report to Google and ask to close this account. Yourself You can only change password and remove important data. Nothing more You cannot do.

#3 TarjaTaneli

TarjaTaneli

• Members
  • 20 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:00 AM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 01:39 PM

Well once I got a guy who tried to enter into my email account. The person who tried to enter into it was using a netgear reuter and I found it by typing the ip in www.shodan.io (maybe the person was infected by malware anyway since the reuteur was publicly available) Not that this would work in most cases but if the ip pin points to  an specific reuteur such as this case I wrote I bet you could write an email to their isp.

#4 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,734 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:00 AM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 04:29 PM

Didn't Google provide geolocation information together with the IP?

Didier Stevens
http://blog.DidierStevens.com
http://DidierStevensLabs.com

SANS ISC Senior Handler
Microsoft MVP 2011-2016 Consumer Security, Windows Insider MVP 2016-2019
MVP_Horizontal_BlueOnly.png

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

#5 MagnusComputing

MagnusComputing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:11 AM

Didn't Google provide geolocation information together with the IP?

Yes, actually. I know the location (not exact location). I had the location, the device, and ip. 

#6 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,734 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:44 AM

Google provides you this information so you can determine if it could be you that triggered this alert.

For example, sometimes when I use a VPN, I'll get such a Google alert because my IP address is from a country I've never been to before.

Didier Stevens

SANS ISC Senior Handler

If you send me messages, per Bleeping Computer's Forum policy, I will not engage in a conversation, but try to answer your question in the relevant forum post. If you don't want this, don't send me messages.

Stevens' law: "As an online security discussion grows longer, the probability of a reference to BadUSB approaches 1.0"

#7 Didier Stevens

Didier Stevens

• BC Advisor
  • 2,734 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 05:48 AM

You could also consider turning on 2 factor authentication for your Google account.

Didier Stevens

SANS ISC Senior Handler

#8 MagnusComputing

MagnusComputing
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 12:02 PM

Yes, I turned on 2-step verification right after. In fact, he tried to get in again last night, but couldn't access pass the password because of the 2-step verification process. He must have gotten pass the password because right after you enter the password, a code gets sent to your mobile number to verify, which I got out of nowhere. 

#9 HolyCowz

HolyCowz

• Members
  • 168 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 04:58 AM

Make sure he/she isn't forwarding your mail from your account to the his/hers if this has been enabled all your mail can still be sent to an external email password or not.

#10 Kikobrian55

Kikobrian55

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:00 PM

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:41 AM

Maybe there is an option to recover your lost account by telling the system some info just you know, like places where you have been logged on and friend list

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users