Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Black screen with cursor after being infected with malware

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mjanek20

mjanek20

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:10 AM

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:18 AM

Hi,

I've clicked an unfortunate exe file and got infected with ton of malware (360, Kuizip something, ... tons more). I think I've managed to get rid of the malware (files, autoruns, services, registry, ...) but the last persisting thing which I cannot get rid of is the black screen with cursor on my main Windows account, meaning the once where the infection started. I can ctrl + alt + del and use a different user but the main one is  done for. I can see on the spare user account that the startup tray programs load up VERY slowly like something hangs their startup.

Now the question, is there a way to get it working, or the only solution is to reinstall Windows?

I would greatly appreciate your assistance and thank you in advance.

Edit:

Similar threads:

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/396365/dcom-1084-error/ - I also can see A LOT of those errors in the windows event log.

My main account finally starts up after about 20 minutes of hanging ...

Updates:

I've managed to find out that the problem is a file that recreates itself somhow in c:\Windows\Temp folder with random names (blue background, green g, black note as an icon). It also adds itself to RunOnce section every time. I cannot find a way to remove it. Please advise.

Edited by mjanek20, 24 December 2016 - 07:09 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:10 AM

Posted 25 December 2016 - 06:39 AM

It appears that you're still infected - I'd suggest posting over in the Am I Infected forum:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Please read the pinned topics at the top of the forum for instructions on how to post there.

As for the black screen error, there are hundreds of ways to try and fix this.

Unfortunately there's no easy way to tell which of the different fixes might work for you - except by trial and error.

We've tried this at work and have spent weeks trying to solve this issue on different systems - yet we failed on most occasions.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users