Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

prototype 2

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 PM

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:56 AM

Hello forum i have a game o my steam called prototype 2 and it lags on the main menu i have to wait around 10 minutes just to press any button how can i fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tomtiha

tomtiha

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:15 AM

Try adjusting the graphics setting in the game.That should fix the problem.

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:36 PM

Posted 28 December 2016 - 06:57 PM

Download the latest Nvidia Drivers or AMD Drivers

Then, download this: Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller - this is a GPU driver cleaner, it will definitely remove your GPU drivers, unlike official uninstallers. Note: There are some deceptive ads on the forum page.

• Run Wagnard's DDU - it may create a number of files in the same directory, like a .zip file, so you may have to run it in its own folder
  • Run the application, "DDU.exe" I believe is the name
  • Select the "best option", Safe Mode and Reboot
  • After the computer reboots to safe mode, run DDU if it does not open automatically
  • Choose the "best option", clean install and reboot I think it is called
  • After restarting install the AMD driver you downloaded first
  • Restart if prompted

#4 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:09 PM

i have tried downloading the latest AMD driver on my pc and it gives me problems i think im using the 2015 version because the 2016 version gives me an error message each time i restart the pc it says i need to reboot my pc for changes....

#5 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 01:36 PM

what do u mean by graphics settings in the game can u give me more details? i can only change the resolution and everything is still slow really really lagging

#6 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 02:12 PM

i have tried downloading the latest AMD driver on my pc and it gives me problems i think im using the 2015 version because the 2016 version gives me an error message each time i restart the pc it says i need to reboot my pc for changes....

Did you run the Wagnard's Uninstaller properly before attempting a reinstall of the AMD drivers?

what do u mean by graphics settings in the game can u give me more details? i can only change the resolution and everything is still slow really really lagging

Ignore the suggestion. It does not apply to your problem, currently. However, if the driver reinstall does not work, it may be prudent to wipe the graphics settings manually. This will be done in Windows, not the game. 

#7 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 03:38 PM

i know what is a display adapter/driver but what is a GPU driver? are you asking me to delete my display adapters drivers completely from my pc and download something else (new version)? also i dont get all the steps, what is the ''AMD driver i installed first''?

Edited by pcnoobsdc, 29 December 2016 - 03:39 PM.

#8 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 29 December 2016 - 04:13 PM

Video card driver, video driver, and GPU driver are all the same thing. "Display adapter/driver" might refer to the unnecessary driver for the monitor, or the GPU again. Either way not worth fussing over.

The Wagnard Display Driver Uninstaller is a third party tool somebody made to remove completely, and absolutely, GPU drivers. Official uninstallers from Nvidia or AMD don't always delete everything, so it is necessary to use that tool to ensure a clean reinstall. A lot of GPU and game issues can be fixed by a totally clean GPU driver install.

First step is to download a version of the driver you can trust, usually it's the latest version. Then once you have that downloaded and accessible, you remove the current drivers, and install the new one. It's all indicated in the steps I posted. If they are inaccurate or confusing, let me know, and I will do all I can.

#9 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 08:12 AM

So what exactly is your software going to do, wipe out all my display adapter drivers and then re-install the newest latest one from 2017 or 2016? Sorry my English is not so good i need to make sure i dont want to be deleting stuff and then not be able to get it back online....

#10 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 09:03 AM

Be usefull to know what your system is btw and software setup.

https://www.piriform.com/speccy

#11 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 30 December 2016 - 12:43 PM

As stated before, Wagnard's DDU will wipe out the display/GPU drivers. Then you will reinstall the new drivers. This is usually the first step in troubleshooting game problems, since it often fixes poor or unusual performance as you describe. That is why I recommend it before doing anything else. 

#12 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 08:29 AM

Download the latest Nvidia Drivers or AMD Drivers

Then, download this: Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller - this is a GPU driver cleaner, it will definitely remove your GPU drivers, unlike official uninstallers. Note: There are some deceptive ads on the forum page.

• Run Wagnard's DDU - it may create a number of files in the same directory, like a .zip file, so you may have to run it in its own folder
  • Run the application, "DDU.exe" I believe is the name
  • Select the "best option", Safe Mode and Reboot
  • After the computer reboots to safe mode, run DDU if it does not open automatically
  • Choose the "best option", clean install and reboot I think it is called
  • After restarting install the AMD driver you downloaded first
  • Restart if prompted

which is the AMD driver that i "downloaded first"?? can you give me more details

Edited by pcnoobsdc, 03 January 2017 - 08:41 AM.

#13 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:03 AM

oh i think you meant from step 1 i get it

#14 pcnoobsdc

pcnoobsdc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 84 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 10:10 AM

i cant find the version of my pc it says AMD Radeon HD 8500M and AMD Radeon ™ R3 Graphics on device manager for Display adapters, so idk which one to pick from your site

#15 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  

Posted 03 January 2017 - 11:12 AM

Then use the "Automatically Detect and Install Your Driver" link on that page.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users