Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Running lower frames than usual on all games, and pc in general is slow

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 verain

verain

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:09 AM

Posted 24 December 2016 - 06:10 AM

About a week ago i started up csgo and was running 20 - 15 fps i usually ran 70 - 150, it was unplayable. Then i got on league of legends and was running 2 fps usually running 150. i restarted my pc and when i put in my password it didnt do anything for about 2 minutes, then started up. it might help that i ran better frames in csgo when i played in a game without bots or people.

I did scans with avg and malwarebytes and cleaned a few viruses but it did nothing, ive tried doing a registry clean and more but still acts the same. I dont know if this is hardware or software

My temps are fine they are usually 30 to 40 degrees celsius

Specs

i5-4460 3.20GHz

GT 740 4 gb vram 

2 moniters

8 gb ram

Edited by verain, 24 December 2016 - 06:21 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 07 January 2017 - 07:05 AM

Probably win10 im guessing, and iv seen this topic before if were talking win10, don't know what the fix is for the problem yet.

My temps are fine they are usually 30 to 40 degrees celsius

idle temps don't mean much, you have to do 100% load tests to really see whats going on.

#3 Gorbulan

Gorbulan

• Members
  • 832 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:09 AM

Posted 10 January 2017 - 03:15 PM

Download the latest Nvidia Drivers or AMD Drivers

Then, download this: Wagnard's Display Driver Uninstaller - this is a GPU driver cleaner, it will definitely remove your GPU drivers, unlike official uninstallers. Note: There are some deceptive ads on the forum page.

• Run Wagnard's DDU - it may create a number of files in the same directory, like a .zip file, so you may have to run it in its own folder
  • Run the application, "DDU.exe" I believe is the name
  • Select the "best option", Safe Mode and Reboot
  • After the computer reboots to safe mode, run DDU if it does not open automatically
  • Choose the "best option", clean install and reboot I think it is called
  • After restarting install the AMD driver you downloaded first
  • Restart if prompted

#4 Max-from-DeskRoll

Max-from-DeskRoll

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:09 PM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 04:39 AM

I suggest checking GPU and CPU load in games and when idle. Might be a mining virus.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users