Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wireless Headset waking computer / monitor backlight issue

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Rook0316

• Members
  • 29 posts
  • Local time:09:35 PM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 11:30 PM

I am running Windows 10 Pro, MSI Radeon R9 390X (latest drivers), LG Ultrawide 34UM57 monitor (DisplayPort), and Corsair Vengeance H2100 wireless headset.

The issue I am having is my monitor backlight will come on after the computer goes to sleep. Black screen, but white haze from the backlight being turned on. The computer will normally sleep for sometime before the backlight comes on, usually a few hours.

My suspicion is the headset is the culprit. I normally switch between my computer speakers and wireless headset to game using the icon in the taskbar. I haven't noticed the issue when the computer sleeps when I have the computer speakers selected before the computer goes to sleep. Occasionally, I will forget to switch back from the headset to speakers. Is there anyway to disable the dongle once the computer goes to sleep automatically.

This is driving me absolutely crazy, I need to leave this computer on 24/7. I appreciate the help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users