Download Temp File Cleaner (TFC)
Alternate download: http://www.itxassociates.com/OT-Tools/TFC.exe
Double click on TFC.exe to run the program.
Click on Start button to begin cleaning process.
TFC will close all running programs, and it may ask you to restart computer.
Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the tool.
Vista/Windows 7/8 users right-click and select Run As Administrator
- The tool will start to update the database if one is required.
- Click on the Scan button.
- AdwCleaner will begin...be patient as the scan may take some time to complete.
- After the scan has finished, click on the Logfile button.
- A window will open which lists the logs of your scans.
- Click on the Scan tab.
- Double-click the most recent scan which will be at the top of the list....the log will appear.
- Review the results...see note below
- After reviewing the log, click on the Clean button.
- Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.
- Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.
- After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[CX].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of X represents the most recent report).
- To open a Cleaning log, launch AdwareClearer, click on the Logfile button, click on the Cleaning tab and double-click the log at the top of the list.
- Copy and paste the contents of AdwCleaner[CX].txt in your next reply.
- A copy of all logfiles are saved to C:\AdwCleaner.
: The contents of the AdwCleaner log file may be confusing. Unless you see a program name or entry that you recognize and know should not be removed, don't worry about it. If you see an entry you want to keep, return to AdwCleaner before cleaning
...all detected items will be listed (and checked) in each tab. Click on and uncheck any items you want to keep.
Please download Junkware Removal Tool
to your desktop.
- Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.
- Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".
- The tool will open and start scanning your system.
- Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.
- On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.
- Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
Download Sophos Free Virus Removal Tool
and save it to your desktop.
- Double click the icon and select Run
- Click Next
- Select I accept the terms in this license agreement, then click Next twice
- Click Install
- Click Finish to launch the program
- Once the virus database has been updated click Start Scanning
- If any threats are found click Details, then View log file... (bottom left hand corner)
- Copy and paste the results in your reply
- Close the Notepad document, close the Threat Details screen, then click Start cleanup
- Click Exit to close the program