to BleepingComputer's Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal forum
My name is Oh My!
and I am here to help you! Now that we are "friends" please call me Gary.
If you would allow me to call you by your first name I would prefer to do that.
- First, I would like to inform you that most of us here at Bleeping Computer offer our expert assistance out of the goodness of our hearts. Please try to match our commitment to you with your patience toward us. If this was easy we would never have met.
- Please do not run any tools or take any steps other than those I will provide for you while we work on your computer together. I need to be certain about the state of your computer in order to provide appropriate and effective steps for you to take. Most often "well intentioned" (and usually panic driven!) independent efforts can make things much worse for both of us. If at any point you would prefer to take your own steps please let me know, I will not be offended. I would be happy to focus on the many others who are waiting in line for assistance.
- Please perform all steps in the order they are listed in each set of instructions. Some steps may be a bit complicated. If things are not clear, be sure to stop and let me know. We need to work on this together with confidence.
- Please copy and paste all logs into your post unless directed otherwise. Please do not re-run any programs I suggest. If you encounter problems simply stop and tell me.
- When you post your reply, use the button instead.
- In the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see the button. Click on this then choose Immediate E-Mail notification and then Proceed and you will be sent an email once I have posted a response.
- If you do not reply to your topic after 5 days we assume it has been abandoned and I will close it.
- When your computer is clean I will alert you of such. I will also provide for you detailed information about how you can combat future infections.
- I would like to remind you to make no further changes to your computer unless I direct you to do so.
Now that I am assisting you, you can expect that I will be very responsive to your situation. If you are able, I would request you check this thread at least once per day so that we can try to resolve your issues effectively and efficiently. If you are going to be delayed please be considerate and post that information so that I know you are still with me. Unfortunately, there are many people waiting to be assisted and not enough of us at BleepingComputer to go around. I appreciate your understanding and diligence.
Thank you for your patience thus far. Yes, most likely it is an indication your computer is infected. Before posting here were you experiencing any issues?
Please do this.
===================================================ComboFix Windows XP
- Please download Combofix and save it to your desktop:
- Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools. (Click on this link to see a list of programs that should be disabled. The list is not all inclusive.)
- Note: If after disabling Combofix warns you an Antivirus program is still running ignore the warning and run Combofix.
- Double click on Combofix.exe and follow the prompts.
- As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
- Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
- Note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, or if you are running Vista/Windows 7, ComboFix will skip the below Recovery Console pop ups and continue its malware removal procedure.
- Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:
- Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware
- When finished copy and paste the C:\Combofix.txt log information in your next reply
- If you disabled your antivirus please enable it again
===================================================AdwCleaner by Xplode - Delete Adware
- Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode onto your desktop.
- Close all open programs and internet browser
- Double click on AdwCleaner.exe, click Run, then select I agree if it appears
- Click Scan
- Once the scan has completed you will see Pending. Please check elements you don't want to remove above the progress bar
- Review the entries and uncheck any items you would like to keep on your computer (leaving an item checked will cause its deletion)
- Click on Clean
- Confirm the cleaning and rebooting of your computer by clicking OK
- Your computer will be rebooted automatically. A text file will open after the restart
- Copy and paste the contents in your reply
===================================================Farbar Recovery Scan Tool (FRST)
- Download Farbar Recover Scan Tool for either 32 bit or 64 bit systems and save it to your Desktop. <<< Important
- Double click the icon
- Click Yes to the disclaimer
- Make sure the Addition.txt box is checked
- Click Scan and allow the program to run
- Click OK on the Scan complete screen, then OK on the Addition.txt pop up screen
- 2 Notepad documents should now be open on your desktop.
- Please copy and paste the contents of both in your reply
Things I would like to see in your next reply. Please be sure to copy and paste
any requested log information unless you are asked to attach it.
- Combofix log
- AdwCleaner log
- FRST results
- Addition log
- What are your current symptoms?
Edited by Oh My!, 26 December 2016 - 11:29 AM.