Recently, I've experienced some weird quirks on my windows 10 machine:
- Inability to transfer files from one folder to another (Transfer dialog appears, progress bar does not move) Note: Copying and pasting works, but takes a couple seconds(Even for files > 1kb)
- Inability to rename folders on the desktop (Can type out new name, but windows explorer crashes when attempting to submit the new name)
- Inability to install certain drivers and files (I've had a few msi files just hang and crash)
- Launching Microsoft products and Windows programs sometimes don't load for a period of time(Can click them and the processes start, but the UI doesn't appear on screen for anywhere from 5 minutes to an hour).
On a less annoying note:
- Groove Music refuses to load correctly (Results in time-bar being incorrect/not loading)
- File Selection Dialogs sometimes don't load.
- Photos app slow to open, and when it does opens the wrong photo.
My System specs:
Intel i7 4790K @ 4.2 Ghz
16 GB DDR3 RAM @ 1866Mhz
ASUS Sabertooth z97 Mark 2 Motherboard
Nvidia GTX 1070
750 Watt Power Supply (80+ Bronze)
2 TB WD Black Hard Drive (New) @ 7200 RPM
Windows 10 Educational Edition
Got the Hard Drive within the last month, and put the operating system on it.
It seems like the operating itself is corrupted or slow, but I've never seen anything like this before.
Feel free to ask for any more info. I'm happy to accept any new information