Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Randomly Crashing PC

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 TLP

TLP

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:21 PM

Hey guys, sooo seeing how it is just before Christmas my PC has decided that it is the perfect time to start randomly crashing.... Of course I disagree. The crashes consist of the screen freezing, and then the PC restarting, no blue screen on anything else that is useful. I do not believe it is over heating (the PC crashed when the CPU temp was around 35°C so I doubt it is that), the PSU also seems not to be the issue. I've been using my PC in it's current for about 1 year and I borrowed an identical PSU which is about 1 year old (my PSU is about 3) and it still crashed. RAM doesn't seem to be the issue either with the PC still crashing with both or either one of my sticks of RAM installed. Any ideas guys? My specs are below.
CPU : AMD APU A8-8600k
Hard Drive: 2 Seagate 1tb Hard Drives (can't remember the model)
RAM : 1 Crucial 8GB 1600mHz DDR3 + 1 Generic 4gb 1333mHz DDR3
PSU : CIT 500w 500u PSU
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-F2A55M-HD2
Operating System : Windows 10

Just to clarify, there are no crash logs as the pc freezes then restarts

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 AM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:46 PM

Try booting into safe mode with networking....then try the following.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.

After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):

post-33068-0-86653600-1480692866_thumb.j

Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot.

Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard

Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the ADD REPLY or REPLY TO THIS TOPIC button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

#3 TLP

TLP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

I'm currently trying to donwhat you asked but unfortunately the PC keeps crashing. Any ideas off what I said before? I went into the bios and it claimed my temps were at about 67°C to 79°C

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:25 AM

Posted 24 December 2016 - 07:36 AM

I'm currently trying to donwhat you asked but unfortunately the PC keeps crashing. Any ideas off what I said before? I went into the bios and it claimed my temps were at about 67°C to 79°C

I do not believe it is over heating

lol ya ok its not heat, cpu limit is only 70c, deal with your heat sink bro.

http://www.cpu-world.com/CPUs/Bulldozer/AMD-A10-Series%20A8-7600.html

#5 ranchhand_

ranchhand_

• Members
  • 1,566 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:25 AM

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:28 PM

Please run the following tests; we will test your memory, and then your HDD (Hard Disk Drive) and/or SSD.  These tests will also give us an indication of what the problem is if they do run or do not run. Following are my "canned" instructions:

Memtest 86+:

>  Download the (free) zip file (2nd from the top) ISO of Memtest86+ and burn to a CD.

>  Make sure your BIOS is set to CD = 1st Boot Device, HDD = 2nd Boot Device.
>
  If you have multiple sticks, test only one (1) stick at a time using the #1 slot

Reboot with the CD in your drive. Allow it to run until you get a message at the bottom of the screen that testing is complete (about 20 minutes). Any red posts at the bottom of the screen means that memory stick is bad.

If Memtest will not run or you get error messages, let me know.

If you have any questions on how to do the above, post back.

Seatools for DOS:

Go here and download Seatools For DOS (free)
http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/#

> Accept the EULA and download the ISO file.
> When download is complete burn the ISO to a CD or DVD.
> Disconnect any other hard drives in your computer (not optical drives) leaving only your problem drive connected.
> Make sure your BIOS is set to:   1st Boot Device = CD drive, 2nd Boot Device = Hard Drive.
> Insert the CD in your optical drive and reboot.
> When the program opens, click the upper left corner for the Long Test.
> Note: if you get a pop-up window telling you that SMART has tripped and asking if you want to continue, choose Yes. Be sure to post that in your next reply along with the result of the test.
At the end of the test, you will get either a Pass or Fail notice. Post the result in your next reply.
Be sure to have your hard drive directly installed internally to the motherboard, not in an external case.

Help Requests: If there is no reply after 3 days I remove the thread from my answer list. For further help PM me.

#6 TLP

TLP
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 26 December 2016 - 07:30 AM

The hard drives are fine, they were replaced recently

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users