Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My first android tablet arrived, question.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Houla

Houla

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:33 PM

Picking it up today. It is dual OS which I wanted: windows10 + android. It only took 5 days from China. First time I bought a computer online, ridiculous low price.

My question is how do I find out if it has motion sensors built in?

I want to play with apps that give acceleration data. I manage a human powered vehicle race team (very serious comp but pure amateur hobby) and hope to mount the tablet on board to get motion data to test vehicle design. How valid is the data and what apps. I have heard these devices are quiet accurate.

Edited by Houla, 23 December 2016 - 03:35 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,219 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 AM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 07:03 PM

how do I find out if it has motion sensors built in?

Look in 'Settings'. I have never seen a dual OS Android tablet but on the Android side clicking on the settings sicon - looks like a cogwheel - will take you there then hunt for 'motion sensors' or 'accelerometer'. On the Windows side I imagine you will find it in 'Control panel' but being Win 10 it may be in one of the other settings 'apps'.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Houla

Houla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

Thanks, should have it in a few hours. Will look in settings.

#4 Houla

Houla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:47 AM

Got it, awesome device. Swaps OS's easy, even a pre-charged battery.

Nice physical build, very solid, I was expecting something more flimsy.

Only thing wrong is it comes with a few icons on the front screen written in Chinese, language settings doesn't affect them. The rest is in English. I will start a thread to try identify and remove these apps.

How is it even possible to sell such a device for the same price as a single copy of windows 10.

Could not find anything that looked like motion sensors in apps, any other suggestions?

So happy with my first tablet.

Edited by Houla, 24 December 2016 - 03:50 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users