Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is it PUM, or? [URGENT HELP NEEDED!!!]

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 UkLz

UkLz

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:13 AM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:20 PM

Hello everyone. I just registered on this forum because I've seen that these people have helped out many people, so yeah..

To start story..  Several months ago, I had some EXTREMELY SERIOUS problems with Malware which has gotten on my PC so quick. After 2 weeks of continuous effort, I finally managed to get rid of it.

And, here we are, after almost 6 months later, I have another issue with virusees... -.-

Alright, so.. Yesterday, me and few of my friends were about to download Empire Earth by Torrent. We used cracked version.  We played it a bit last night and soon I went to sleep. Tomorrow (today), when I came back form school, I turned normally my PC on, as usual, and launched CS:GO.   Just a few minutes later, one of my friends sent me message that thing which we downloaded last night is a VIRUS actually.  I was terrified and I went immediately to remove it from my PC.

After uninstall program itself and even installation of it, I started experiencing some seriously bad and unusual things on my working PC. Then I started scanning my PC with: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, RougleKiller, AdwCleaner, and even Advanced SystemCare 10 Pro version.  And.. The following symptoms has suddenly appeared:

• My programs which usually run in the background such as: Lightshot, Skype, Steam, HDD Sentinel, MSI Afterburner, Fraps, NVIDIA CP and so.. They were closing by themself.. I've got no idea how and why, but whenever I clock on that upper-arrow to expand the rest of minimized taskbar things in the down-right corner of my monitor, all of them just disappear suddenly.  Which means they just get closed somehow.. Uh.. Then I initiated scan with ASC10 Pro  and suddenly it closed too! Wtf?

• My RAM and CPU usage in Idle state is pretty.. Surprising. Why?  Because when I had an issue with Malware last time, my RAM went even above 7GB of RAM!!! (P.S.  I've got 1stick of 8GB DDR3 1600MHz memory).  My svchost.exe which was usually high, now it's pretty low.. Every single of my running background programs had very low RAM usage. Each of my apps weren't taking that much RAM as they did before.. So that was my first suspect that I'm really having virus in my PC. 

60df238e8df848f3ace75f16b44d3df6.png

60df238e8df848f3ace75f16b44d3df6.png

• After scanning my PC with multiple of anti-viruses softwares, it detected that one of my installed apps on PC were actually infected, so if I went to delete those threats, those anti-virus softwares would just remove some of files of these programs.  Like it started spreading aaall around my PC.   I hope it hasn't infected even my installations of games, music, pictures on D and G partitions where I usually store that kind of things.   If only C (Windows partition) were infected, re-installing Windows would be the best possible solution for such problem, right?  But I'm still seeking for some more simple way without re-installing the entire system.  I'm too lazy to install everything back...  :unsure:

• Every time I suspect that virus is finally gone after numerous of scannings and rebooting my PC, it always comes back when I launch any of installed programs..  This is becoming sooo annyoing.

After all of this, I started searching around internet to try to find solution of this stupid virus.. Somewhere I've heard it's virus called PUM.. Or something like that. And, is there any effective way of removal this virus except of reinstalling the entire Windows system?

Thanks for help in advance.  And sorry for infinite-long text.

Edit: Moved topic from Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 buddy215

buddy215

• BC Advisor
  • 12,876 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 AM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:29 PM

Welcome to BC...

Try running a scan using MBAR. If you are unable to download, complete scan or it doesn't find a rootkit...then follow the directions

for starting a new topic in the malware removal forum.

Download 51a5f31352b88-icon_MBAR.pngMalwarebytes Anti-Rootkit (MBAR) to your desktop.

• Double click on downloaded file. OK self extracting prompt.
  • MBAR will start. Click "Next" to continue.
  • Click in the following screen "Update" to obtain the latest malware definitions.
  • Once the update is complete select "Next" and click "Scan".
  • When the scan is finished and no malware has been found select "Exit".
  • If malware was detected, make sure to check all the items and click "Cleanup". Reboot your computer.
  • Open the MBAR folder located on your Desktop and paste the content of the following files in your next reply:
  • "mbar-log-{date} (xx-xx-xx).txt"
  • "system-log.txt"
  • If you see This version requires you to completely exit the Anti Malware application message right click on the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware icon in the system tray and click on Exit.

Please follow the instructions in the Malware Removal and Log Section Preparation Guide starting at Step 6.

• If you cannot complete a step, then skip it and continue with the next.
  • In Step 6 there are instructions for downloading and running FRST which will create two logs.

When you have done that, post your logs in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs forum, NOT here, for assistance by the Malware Response Team.

Start a new topic, give it a relevant title and post your log(s) along with a brief description of your problem, a summary of any anti-malware tools you have used and a summary of any steps that you have performed on your own. If you cannot produce any of the required logs...start the new topic anyway. Explain that you followed the Prep. Guide, were unable to create the logs, and describe what happened when you tried to create them. A member of the Malware Removal Team will walk you through, step by step, on how to clean your computer.

After doing this, please reply back in this thread with a link to the new topic so we can close this one.

DO NOT bump your new topic. Wait for a response from one of the Team Members.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss

A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users