Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Are Ccapp.exe And Explorer.exe Ok?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Deanemachine

Deanemachine

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:03 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:19 PM

I searched for these two files on autoruns to see if they were necessary to run and I got mixed results. The ccApp is from my Norton Antivirus 2006 (I think), not sure about the explorer.exe. I saw a couple results for ccApp saying it would be a virus/trojan? but I thought it was just a program needed for Norton. Ideas?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:25 PM

your correct ccaap belongs to norton antivirus. Exlporer.exe is a prosses that should always be running, ita a program that keeps your pc running. These two prosess are OK
ROOTKITS BAD!

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,640 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:31 PM

If explorer.exe is located any place other than C:\Windows, then it is most likely bad. If on the other hand, its running from C:\Windows your in good shape.

#4 Deanemachine

Deanemachine
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 02:03 PM

Explorer is running under C:\Windows..thanks for the help!

#5 Ngarskel

Ngarskel

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 08:13 PM

I was truly wondering about ccapp myself, but noticed it was in the symantics file...However ccapp and explore.exe have been 'hanging' when I shutdown my computer lately...I also noticed that my computer dosent want to shutdown when I hit the turn off button....Ran scans, more scans, double checked..Says nothing wrong...Windows being stupid?
"Fear those who find all things simple, for they will make all things difficult." -Mercedes Lackey
"There are only two infinites; The universe and stupidity."
"One man can be stupid, however if you want real bon'fid'a stupidity; their ain't nuten like teamwork."

[-AdAware-] [-Spybot S&D-] [-Webroot SpySweeper-] [-AVG Anti-Spywear-] [-SpywareGuard-] [-SpywareBlaster-][-AVG Free / Comodo Firewall -][[HijackThis!]]

#6 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:11 PM

actually this happens when a program has trouble shutting off along with the computer. the messege your probably getting is ENDING PROGRAM or something like that. this sometimes happens when you turn off your computer when there are still things running on your screen (such as internet exporer). so next time make sure you only see your desktop then shut off your computer. oh and one more thing if i were you id uninstall norton antivirus and get zonealram security suite, this is because norton is a HUGE RESOURCE HOG! You would see my point if you uninstall norton and then reinstall it, you would see how much speed you lost from your pc. ANYWAY YOU CAN GET ZONEALARM HERE:

http://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm-Internet...4-10546032.html

UP TO YOU! :thumbsup:
ROOTKITS BAD!

#7 Ngarskel

Ngarskel

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 09:14 PM

I always make sure everything is off before I hit the turn off button..And I'm aware norton is a resource hog...I'm also aware I have 270 days left on my subscription.

Yeah, it was ending program for both ccapp and explorer, I still dont get why it dosent turn off sometimes when I hit 'turn off'..Mabey its a laptop quark
"Fear those who find all things simple, for they will make all things difficult." -Mercedes Lackey
"One man can be stupid, however if you want real bon'fid'a stupidity; their ain't nuten like teamwork."

[-AdAware-] [-Spybot S&D-] [-Webroot SpySweeper-] [-AVG Anti-Spywear-] [-SpywareGuard-] [-SpywareBlaster-][-AVG Free / Comodo Firewall -][[HijackThis!]]

#8 zemoman

zemoman

• Members
  • 150 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:44 PM

in my opinion i think it has to do with memory (RAM). how much do you have on your machine?
ROOTKITS BAD!

#9 Ngarskel

Ngarskel

• Members
  • 79 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

512MB DDR2 SDRAM.....Most sys specs are in profile

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users