Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malware attacks Using Apple Bonjour !

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 sub101uk

sub101uk

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 01:04 AM

I was wondering if any body has come across this problem before it all started about 3 weeks ago when my mouse started to do strange things and the Lap Top a Dell started to become very unstable , Its O/S is Windows 7 Service pack 1 .My Avast virus checking software is all up to date and I scanned the computer and found nothing . I found that by turning off my internet link I no longer got these attacks so its clear that thats where the problem is coming from these attacks have gone on for over 3 weeks now . So " How are they finding me as me I  know my IP address is changed every day so how are these guys tracking me 

I then checked my registry and found a program called Apple Bonjour . With this program installed on your computer people can trace and connect without a IP address . So how do we remove Apple Bonjour from my computer ? There is a fair amount of information on the net regarding how to find and remove Bonjour but non of it seems to work . At the moment I can delete Bonjour but within a few minutes it reappears again . So if you love sitting in front of the computer searching for this file for many hours a day or if you know of a computer guru please let me know as I am running out of ideas . The drive is backed up every weeks but even if I reformat the drive and do a rebuild there is no guarantee that Bonjour wont be moved over . This computer is my works lap top and not used for any music or videos so I have no idea were it came from .

The other day the guys at Max Registry spent a total for 3 hours trying to find a delete Apple Bonjour but in the end they gave up . For those who dont know what Bonjour is Apple's version of the Zero Configuration Networking (Zeroconf) standard, a set of protocols that allows certain communication between network-connected devices, applications and services. Bonjour is often used in home networks to allow Windows and Apple devices to share printers. Which from asking around means they dont need to know your IP address to connect to you as long as you have Bonjour installed .

While I am working with the internet turned on my blue tooth mouse starts doing strange things and the screen locks up and the only way to free the screen is ctrl + alt + delete this takes you to Task Manger I then click on " End Task " and the screen is free again . This only happens when the computer is online I could go into my details of my problems but its very clear that with Apple Bonjour installed the attacks will continue. I can delete Apple Bonjour but with a few seconds or minutes it reappears again if you turn off the internet it no longer appears .

So how do we find it and delete it from the permanently . There are many topics on the internet on how to remove Apple Bonjour but so far nothing has worked . If you want I can take a log of my system with " High Jack This " someone might spot some thing .

Cheers

Mod Edit moved from Windows 7.

NickAu

Attached Files

Edited by NickAu, 23 December 2016 - 01:20 AM.
Mod edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users