Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Data error(cyclic redundancy check)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 yurpo

yurpo

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 12:59 AM

Hello, 

I am running into a bunch of errors while attempting to install microsoft 10 into my created pc. I am going to list everything I can to see if anyone has a solution to my issues. 

To get a clean picture I am installing using a flashdrive. 

When my pc is powered on I choose my language. Next I type in my cd key. Accept the terms. Custom install. Here I have one drive listed: Drive 0 Unallocated Space. This have 931.5 GB in total and the same in free space. This is all I see. So I select this and click next. I receive an error message with the code 0x80300002. Next when I attempt to select new and create a partition it gives me the error "we couldnt create partition (Error: 0x9cb7cda0)

This has prompted me to look into the command function. 

When I open the command function I see( X:\Sources>) idk if the x matters. 

I get to list disk, select disk 0(the 931 gb), clean, create partition primary. This is where I receive the error message: Data error (cyclic redundancy check). 

This made me believe I needed to specify the volume. So when I go to list disk I see disk 0(931 gb) and disk 1(14gb). Now when I go to list volume to see the disk 0(931 gb) it is not listed. All I see is the former disk 1(14gb) listed as disk 0(14gb now). 

From here I have no idea what to do. I attempted assigning a new letter the 14gb in hopes of getting the 931gb to the c but couldnt force this because I couldnt find it in list volume. 

I know this is alot but I am so lost and need some help and guidance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,297 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 AM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 08:20 AM

This sounds like bad install media. Are you using a disk or flash drive for the install? You have a single 1TB drive in the computer? 

Just to confirm, when you use diskpart list disk you still see a disk of 931GB, correct? The list volume command only shows your partitions.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users