Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help with this one..

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 exoje

exoje

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:04 PM

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ?: 7
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?: x64
· What was original installed OS on system?: none
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?: full retail
· Age of system (hardware): 2015
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?: 1 day & yes

· CPU: Intel 6600K
· Video Card: geforce gtx 1060 6gb
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop): asus z170-a
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop): 520w antec bronze plus

· Laptop or Desktop?: Desktop

Ok so let me explain:

I used to run this config: Intel 2700k, msi z68ma-g45, gtx 670, 8gb ram.

I changed my graphic card at first, i bought a gtx 1060 6gb it was running fine, but i wanted to upgrade my cpu because sandybridge felt a bit old !

So, i changed my config for the specs above, it was a friend's config it was running with a gtx 560ti (and it was running fine), so basically i just put my gtx 1060 and my ssd/hdd in it.

I didnt do a fresh install at first, i just reinstalled all the drivers, it was fine for a day, then first BSOD. So i thought OK i need to format. Formated completely then reinstalled windows 10. Installed drivers from asus's cd then geforce drivers, and of course all the windows updates.. it lasted 1h and then it gave me another BSOD since then here is what i've done:

- Updated all the drivers

- Flashed my BIOS to the latest

- Loaded default bios settings

- Reinstalled Windows 10 (again)

- Tried a CPU benchmark (prime95)

- Tried a memory test

- Fresh install with windows 7

And now im stuck because it keeps giving me BSOD, i don't know why .. can't be my gfx card it was running fine on my old config, and my actual config was running fine with the old gfx card x) doesn't make sense !

I attached all the files needed.. please help me guys !

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

You didn't list your PSU, what are you using on that level.

As well you didn't do burn in testing on any level or do any kind of hardware testing as well as list your voltages or heat levels under full load and you should clean parts when changing things around as well as watch out for static discharges and the PSU has to be 100% off when changing parts arond, one mistake = dead computer.

#3 CyberSec_ET

CyberSec_ET

• Members
  • 151 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:20 AM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 09:23 PM

As well you didn't do burn in testing on any level or do any kind of hardware testing as well as list your voltages or heat levels under full load and you should clean parts when changing things around as well as watch out for static discharges and the PSU has to be 100% off when changing parts arond, one mistake = dead computer.

Its listed as > Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop): 520w antec bronze plus

#4 exoje

exoje
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 AM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:45 AM

I did list my PSU, i just changed it for a corsair 550w, i also disabled my LAN adapter and added a pci ethernet adapter from d-link. Because most of the time i get BSOD is when im browsing internet or when chrome is in background (not 100% sure tho). Also i did change my hardware with my PSU 100% off, and i always do it this way.

My voltages are normal, temperatures are low, as I said this config has been running fine for a while its since i put my graphic card and ssd/hdd that it started to give me BSODs.

I'll see if my modifications do something, but i'd really appreciate if someone could find a potential answer inside this dump file i attached in my first post, if it comes from a driver that would be a great news !

EDIT: instead of using memtest86+, i tried memtest86 and i found out that for some reason one of my ram was f*cked up, so i guess that was my problem.. i will update if i still get BSOD !

Edited by exoje, 23 December 2016 - 12:18 PM.

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:20 PM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:40 PM

Cool and sorry about that, don't know how i missed the PSU, guess i was blind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users