Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ransomware not know yet !

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 sooryme

sooryme

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:20 PM

Hi ! first of all I really appreciate a lot your work by helping humans in this cases of difficulty because who ever did this (on my side of view) is not a human ! ... I've try to reason and to make them understand that much of the people that they attack cannot understand anything about this or with no possibility to pay that kind of amount ...they must accept the loss of a big part of their life !..I'm 30 years old and all I had it was on my external HDD forget connected in that day on my laptop .
My Story Now : my laptop was on stand by (not switched off) for the night .. in the morning I've "wake up" my laptop with the IE open on a few websites that I previously viewed and in that moment an popup window on the middle of screen about "windows shadows"(if I remember right) like a setup ... asking for permission with "Yes /No" answer (I normally do not accept any of this easily but because it was about windows and I was yet fully awake)...I push YES asked 2 times for permission...after this ...all starts with a red screen or a big red dialog cryptolocker (I cant say now) changing my desktop picture ! ... by shock... I quickly did a clean restore of windows hoping that the problem it will disappear ... and now I understand that by this I've lost information about what exactly attack me ... I feel so stupid :| ...also my antivirus was expired !
I really hope that you'll find a solution for me to ! ...
I've take a look on a few warning screens and for an example how much I can remember it was something like this :
https://s30.postimg.org/68n7h3wpt/warning_screen_1.jpg
I've try ID Ransomware but nothing :
https://s28.postimg.org/3w7tm42h9/ID_Ransomware.jpg

Your files are locked !!!!! .....is a notepad with some information ...but I cant upload here like an attach !
Please... if you need anything else that it may help! like crypted files or something... just tell me !

I'm waiting ...thank you !

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 andika

andika

• Members
  • 24 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:52 PM

''make sure to either disconnect the storage devices after backups or make the backup computer isolated and inaccessible over file sharing''

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/news/security/how-to-protect-and-harden-a-computer-against-ransomware/

what is the extension of your encrypted files ?

#3 quietman7

quietman7

Bleepin' Janitor

• Global Moderator
  • 51,395 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:26 PM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 07:02 PM

PClock2 will leave files (ransom notes) with names like Your files are locked !.txt and Your files are locked !!!!.txt. The ransom note instructs victims to contact the cyber-criminals at "suppteam03@india.com", "suppteam03@yandex.ru", "suppcop@india.com" or "suppcop@yandex.ru" to get payment instructions.

Unfortunately, there is no longer any way to provide decryption for newer PClock variants without paying the ransom. The Emsisoft Decrypter created for earlier PClock variants will not work. Fabian explains why in Post #987.

Just as a heads up: We released a blog post about the newest variants and why we are unable to help.

There are ongoing discussions in these topic where you can post comments, ask questions and seek further assistance. Other victims have been directed there to share information, experiences and suggestions.Rather than have everyone with individual topics, it would be best (and more manageable for staff) if you posted any more questions, comments or requests for assistance the above support topic discussion...it includes experiences by experts, a variety of IT consultants, end users and company reps who have been affected by ransomware infections. To avoid unnecessary confusion, this topic is closed.

Thanks
The BC Staff
Windows Insider MVP 2017-2018
Microsoft MVP Reconnect 2016
Microsoft MVP Consumer Security 2007-2015 kO7xOZh.gif
Member of UNITE, Unified Network of Instructors and Trusted Eliminators

If I have been helpful & you'd like to consider a donation, click 38WxTfO.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users