Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

1 Big Problem And A Small Problem.

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 11bink11

11bink11

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:56 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:07 AM

So i get what i think is called the blue screen of death. That one that shut downs your computer, and it usually happens at no reason at all or right when i need to use the computer the most as i am in college. I will try and explain it more if you ask.

Also I need to goto a site that requires Internet Explorer to sign up for and i use firefox, but if i open IE it says i need IE to open this page. I also tried the IE plugin for Firefox.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:10 AM

These two issues may be related. Did you uninstall Internet Explorer at some point?

If your computer still boots, go to:

Start > right click on My Computer > Properties > Advanced tab > Startup and Recovery Settings

Uncheck Automatically Restart

Click Apply and then OK

Now when you receive a blue screen the computer will pause on it and you will have to reboot manually.

The 'Blue Screen of Death' (or BSOD) is refered to by Microsoft as a Stop Message. They can occur for many reasons. In order to diagnose it's cause we need as much info as you can give about the stop message. Please write it down and post it back here the next time it happens. In particular, it helps to have the somewhat cryptic series of numbers about half way down the blue screen that have this sort of format:

0x0000008E (Followed by four other sets of numbers in parenthesis.)

It is also helpful to know the answers to these questions:
  • What are you doing when this happens (are you on line, starting the computer, etc).
  • Does it always happen at the same time?
  • Is it always the same message, or is it a different set of numbers each time?
  • Have you added any hardware or software lately?
  • Are you experiencing any other buggy behavior from this computer (such as it runs slower than it used to, etc)?

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#3 11bink11

11bink11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 11:34 AM

What are you doing when this happens (are you on line, starting the computer, etc).
__Ok well it usually occurs when i switch screens like from mine to my dads.

Does it always happen at the same time?
__Well i just tried to get it and it didn't happen.

Is it always the same message, or is it a different set of numbers each time?
__I'm sure i can check today because it usally happens more then once a day.

Have you added any hardware or software lately?
__Nope. None. Notta

Are you experiencing any other buggy behavior from this computer (such as it runs slower than it used to, etc)?
__No, but sometimes it lags brifly but i have torrent program open and like 3 firefox's.

Also i did what you said on the My Computer properties and it was already unchecked, and is there anything i can do to get to that site.

Edited by 11bink11, 28 August 2006 - 11:36 AM.

#4 Albert Frankenstein

Albert Frankenstein

• Members
  • 2,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:56 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 01:25 PM

and is there anything i can do to get to that site.

Open IE and go to Help > About to see what version you have. Usually secure sites require verison 6, but I would not know without going to the site myself. You could always write to the webmaster, or post the URL to the site here and we can try to check out the site requirements also.

Edited by Albert Frankenstein, 28 August 2006 - 01:26 PM.

ALBERT FRANKENSTEIN
I'M SO SMART IT'S SCARY!

Currently home chillin' with the fam and my two dogs!

#5 11bink11

11bink11
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2006 - 08:46 PM

Sorry it took WAY TOO LONG, but it says

0X0000000A
0X00000004
0X00000002
0X00000001
0X804ED24E

Need anything else?

#6 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,073 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2006 - 09:43 AM

Was there a file name with the error message? See this link of a description of how to locate it: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40108/how-to-use-event-viewer/

Here's a link to the STOP 0x0a error message:
http://aumha.org/win5/kbestop.php#0x0a

Have you made any recent changes to your system (changes/additions/deletions/etc)? If so, this may help to point us at a solution.

Since you're using a torrent application, the first step is to conduct an online scan for malware. Try this link with Internet Explorer: http://housecall.trendmicro.com/ and let us know what it finds.
My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users