Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems With Adobe And Macromedia Website

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 mrtigre

mrtigre

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 PM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 10:26 AM

hello;
I am writing in hopes that you can assist me in finding out the reason as to why I cannot log into adobe and macromedia (www.adobe.com, www.macromedia.com) I need to download flash and shockwave flash player applications so that the video player from my isp home page works correct;y. also I am trying to get mozilla firefox to run correctly and I am running into the same problem of logging on to the website and then haveing the ability to down load the respected files into firefox. I would appreciate any help then you can give me on these issues. :thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 AM

Posted 28 August 2006 - 12:17 PM

Try this link for the flash player and tell us what happens.

#3 mrtigre

mrtigre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 03:46 PM

Fifeflyer;
I tried the url you specified and it did exactly what happenned to me. It the blue bar showing activity went slower and slower and then stopped and I got the message that it could't be found.

#4 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:14 PM

also I am trying to get mozilla firefox to run correctly

Is it just the adobe site that Firefox is giving you problems with ? Does Internet Explorer work OK ?

#5 mrtigre

mrtigre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 04:47 PM

yes;
IE seems to work ok. There is also the macromedia site that I have the same problem getting into. This problem has originated way before I started to use firefox.

Edited by mrtigre, 28 August 2006 - 04:48 PM.

#6 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 28 August 2006 - 07:07 PM

There is also the macromedia site that I have the same problem getting into

Don't worry about that as both the Flash and Shockwave players are now products of Adobe.

I think i may have misread your original question incorrectly. Are you saying you cannot get into the Adobe site using Firefox or Internet Explorer ?

#7 mrtigre

mrtigre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 08:24 AM

In IE i am sure that i had a problem getting into macromedia and adobe websites(can't find them). in firefox, I keep getting messages for additional plugins. because firefox never shows what plugins it's looking for, I am assuming that it 's the same problem I am having in IE. No matter how I try to access anything from those websites to hopefully satisfy the missing plugins, I can't link to adobe and macromedia before it times out. I am doing this because I would like to setup my audio and video so I can access a news service that is residing in IE and will access through firefox. thank you ahead of time for your assistance!

#8 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 12:31 PM

I have to admit at the moment I'm stumped. If you open Internet Explorer and type flash player into your browser you'll find the first site listed is Adobe Flash Player download centre. Can you open this page. :thumbsup:

#9 mrtigre

mrtigre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 01:56 PM

when I put "Flash" into the IE browser, it will find all the matches. however when I actually pick the "flash" url that I want then it times out looking for it. it's crazy! this goes for both macromedia and for adobe.

to explain as to why I am doing this is that in firefox when I want to use an audio/video component it tells me that I need add-ons after trying to search for the proper-addons. (i am assuming it's the flash and/or macromedia files) i get a manual selection button and have to guess what is the misssing add-on?

I guess this is actually two parts to this now that I think about it.
1. why can't I select the adobe or macromedia web sites and not get timed out while trying to find them. this is true in IE and in firefox?

How can I find out what firefox needs as an add-on for the audio/video when trying to install the missing add-on.

I am sorry if this seems confusing but I have never seen this situation before. I am wondering if it's a non pc problem, since /macromedia ,merged with adobe. Way in the beginning of this project i was able yo access macromedia and flash but if bacame sporatic after that and Maybe if enough get involved

Edited by mrtigre, 29 August 2006 - 02:28 PM.

#10 FifeFlyer

FifeFlyer

• Members
  • 101 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 04:23 PM

Unless you have some application on your PC that is specifically blocking these sites , then i don't know the answer. I've tried changing all IE settings to replicate all possibilities on my PC , but no matter what i do i have no problem getting into the sites.
I notice you have posted the question in the Firefox forums , so here's hoping they can help.

Anybody any ideas ?

#11 mrtigre

mrtigre
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 29 August 2006 - 05:11 PM

thank you very much I will check back from time to time

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users