Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer hogging all the bandwidth

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 misspaperwait

misspaperwait

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:30 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 10:26 PM

Okay so here it is, over the last few days my brother has been complaining about the Internet slowing down and his game lagging so I decided to get in contact with my ISP who has informed me that my laptop is hogging all the bandwidth, the likely result of malware or some other such infuriating thing.

I set out on my search to locate the problem and I discovered a set of files called Zdengine, I quickly found out that was a problem and set out to get rid of the offending files and quickly discovered it wasn't going to be so simple when I tried to delete them and it spit it back saying it was open in another program, shut down that program and try it again only to find it now claimed to be open in another program (onedrive, steam and then skype)

I went and downloaded malwarebytes and turned it on to scan, almost immediately the Zdengine files pop up and get quarantined, I left it to scan but after 5 hours it was still going, except that it was still sitting at 2,100 files scanned. I tried to canceled it, the button greyed out but the program is still spinning and claiming to be scanning.

I'm at a total loss here, can someone help me figure out how the hell to get my laptop clean again?

I'm running Windows 10

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,738 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:30 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 11:09 PM

I replied to your post at TechSpot.

My Website

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click DONATE

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 37,011 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:30 PM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 01:47 AM

Hello misspaperwait,

Since you have a topic here: http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-infected-and-hogging-bandwidth.232075/ in which you are receiving assistance, I am closing this topic to avoid potential confusion. To answer the question you posed there about where to post the requested logs, you post those logs in a reply to that same topic. Starting a new topic with the logs will only delay the assistance you receive and create confusion. Wishing you the best in resolving your computer issues.

Orange Blossom ~ forum moderator
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users