Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to Fix UAC to allow desktop startup Windows 7

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 jaylinnh

jaylinnh

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:03 AM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:14 PM

After running AVG Tune up (coincidence?) unable to get to Win7 desktop.  "Explorer.exe Application Error.  Application unable to start correctly 0xc0000022"  In Safe Mode turned off UAC (User Account Control) and the system booted fine into normal mode.  What do I need to do to fix UAC so I can turn it back on without running into the Explorer.exe application error on startup? Thanks in advance for you help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:34 PM

Disable avg tune up and then enable uac in normal mode...reboot and see if the problem persists

oh....sorry....G;day and Welcome to BC !!   .... :welcome:

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,133 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:03 AM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:44 PM

OR......take this approach...

http://techdows.com/2014/01/undo-avg-pc-tuneup-changes-computer.html

https://support.avg.com/SupportArticleView?l=en&urlName=How-to-revert-changes-done-by-PC-TuneUp&q=How+to+restore+changes+made+to+your+computer+by+AVG+PC+Tuneup

Edited by Condobloke, 21 December 2016 - 09:45 PM.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users