CPU Intel i5-3570
MB MSI ZH77A-G43
RAM Team Group TLD34G1600HC9BK
HDD Western Digital WD10EZEX-00kuwa0 [Windows 7 x64]
isn't booting correctly
1. Message => Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key
2. If SATA device is attached boot is very slow ~2min
3. BIOS detects HDD ( in settings )
Checked so far
1. HDD is fully functional ( checked on on other PC )
2. Cables are good
3. Different SATA ports tried
4. Same model HDD tried [Windows 10 x64] => same error
5. SSD tried [Debian Jessie] => same ...
6. BIOS settings checked
7. BIOS CMOS cleared
8. BIOS flashed ( multiple versions tried )
9. Boot from USB ( Debian Live CD ) => OK
10. Checked SATA port with DVD-ROM => OK
11. Checked other power line with HDD => OK
12. Checked same power line other connector with HDD => OK
The moral of the story is that HDD can spin and give all signs of life yet there might be power issues.
Thanks for help
P.S. How I mark this as solved ?
Edited by 7J7, 22 December 2016 - 03:19 PM.