Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hi there

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Houla

Houla

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:46 PM

Just an older guy trying to understand computers better. I use computers at work everyday in a medium/large org that employs a tech 3 days per week. The tech's job is to allow us to do our job and not worry about how computer's work so much.

We just use work applications and have no access even to add a printer which is all fine by me.

I first owned a Mac and never had to learn much on the tech side. My friends all owned DOS machines and became experts.

Am buying my first android tablet and will use it on the internet. Most of my home computer use does not involve internet. In fact I rarely use a home computer on the internet but finding more software today only works online which I think is a bit scammy.

I usually use a cheap low end cell phone for my minimal persinal internet use.

Thanks for reading.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 6,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:51 PM

Welcome to BC !

After you have hung out here for a while you too will start worrying about how computers work !  I take your point about software only working with an internet connection but, perhaps not so much on tablets, there is plenty of software which will work entirely on a computer without a connection.

Chris Cosgrove

#3 Houla

Houla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 03:22 PM

Thanks, I just don't want to be one of those guys that learns enough to really screw my computer up but not enough to fix it.

Edited by Houla, 23 December 2016 - 03:23 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users