Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 95 audio problem (Conexant CX20468-21 AC97 audio)

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle97

Kyle97

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:42 PM

So I have Conexant CX20468-21 AC97 audio in my Windows 95 Compaq M2000. However the driver for audio for the driver errors, and when I tried to install the driver via Device Manager, the "Finish" button didn't do anything(it didn't even close the window), so if someone can help me get a driver for this device on Windows 95? Or show me how to manually install them(the inf and the sys and dll files) to the laptop? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 06:51 PM

K i have no idea what your laptop is, did some serching for it and found nothing, same with what your sound hardware is.

plz download the following and find what your hardware is and post it.

http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/aida32_personal_system_information.html

Take some screen shots of the hardware if needed and post it or just list the info you find on both topic.

As well what is the cpu in your system and total ram, just asking cus theirs not relly meny good resion for using win95 when you can use win98se.

#3 Eyesee

Eyesee

Bleepin Teck Shop

• BC Advisor
  • 3,491 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:58 PM

Posted 04 January 2017 - 11:31 PM

Make sure that the line
drivers=mmsystem.dll
is present in the [Boot] section of the system.ini file

Then reboot

In the beginning there was the command line.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users