Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Android 5.1 phone driving me crazy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:27 PM

I have a Huawei Ascend Mate 2 cell phone. The model number is MT2L03. EMUI 3.1. Build: MT2-L03C00B322.

Currently it has a microsd card in it that's 32gb. It's a SanDisk Ultra MicroSD HC then it has a number or letter I or 1. It has in the bottom left corner of it the number 1. I took a picture of it in case it's helpful.

My phone has two issues I've noticed...

Sometimes it reboots itself.

Sometimes the stuff on the sd card won't load, or will partially load.

I'm more concerned about the stuff on my sd card not loading. I connect the phone to the computer and I can see the pictures and all that on the sd card. But sometimes after I restart the phone and open up the gallery it will take a while to load my pictures.... like it's starting over or something? It will go 100, 200, 300, etc. until it loads them all.

However sometimes my pictures will be there just fine, but the apps that I have moved to the sd card using AppMgr III will not show up, such as snapchat. I know I have snapchat installed, but sometimes the icon will not show up anywhere, along with all the other apps I have on the sd card.

I'll wait forever and it never loads them. I'll restart the phone sometimes 4-5 times and it never loads them.

I then connect the phone to the computer, and I can see that the pictures are there, and I know the apps still are too because the used space on the sd card is always the same as it is when the phone works properly and loads apps properly.

Is there a way to clear a cache or something so my phone will stop getting confused when loading the stuff stored in the sd card?

Also sometimes it reboots itself, and it'll take forever. It will show the Huawei animated logo like it is supposed to, but then when it goes to the lockscreen the background and all that will be different... not the way I have it set up.

I'll reboot the phone, it'll then go back to the animated Huawei screen, then it'll ask for my password and the screen will be the way I have it set up. I don't understand why it does this?

Maybe it's just a software glitch? Malware or something?

I do have all the data on my phone backed up but I rather not have to reinstall everything and set it all back up. Thank you for those that offer to help!10d6wax.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 sra

sra

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 AM

Posted 24 January 2017 - 03:54 AM

Wonder if you've already solved the problem? If not you can try asking this question on a 'community' specific to your device on google plus.
You can also install application ES File Explorer and use the 'Clean' tool in that. Besides, ES File Explorer is one of the best file application for an android phone. SD Maid is another good app for cleaning up.

#3 thatoneguyyep101

thatoneguyyep101
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 247 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:21 PM

Posted 12 February 2017 - 12:26 AM

I just ended up backing up apps and data within the built in app of the phone. Then I factory reset the phone. Now it says I have over 3gb of internal memory. It loads things a lot faster too.

Sometimes the screen doesn't want to respond, but that may be a hardware issue... because this isn't the screen that was originally with the phone. The original one got cracked, and when getting a replacement I accidentally ordered a black screen... when I should have ordered a white one, since the phone is white.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users