Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Video font 'white-shadows' and 'rolling' problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 YouD

YouD

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:33 PM

I'm was unsure as to where to post this since I do not have a clue what the problem could be and  it's my first post.

I sometimes see what look like white shadows surrounding my fonts. Also will see gray shadows of fonts in between lines (especially with lists of identical words or group of words) that will sometimes look as if they are 'rolling' or flashing quickly. It is still happening after I replaced my R7770 graphics card with a new R9 380 card that I thought was the problem. Not that I need a reason to upgrade anything. :)

I upgraded to solve World of Warcraft graphics issues and the aforementioned problem hoping they were related. Seeing as I'm still not wholly satisfied with WoW issues either these two problems may still be related.

I also noted that there were a disturbing amount of Administrative Events (3,496) in the Events Viewer as well as 10 under Device Manager - AMD Radeon R9 200 Series. I'd be glad to send you any info you deem relevant  if you will instruct me as to how best to do that.

Quick System Overview
Operating System - Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
CPU - AMD FX-8350 17 °C Vishera 32nm Technology
RAM - 32.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 668MHz (11-11-11-28)
Motherboard - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. CROSSHAIR V FORMULA-Z (Socket 942) 30 °C
Graphics - Philips (1920x1080@60Hz) via HDMI - 4096MB ATI AMD Radeon R9 200 Series (C.P. Technology) 32 °C
Storage - 931GB Western Digital WDC WD10EADS-00M2B0 (SATA) 30 °C
Optical Drives - Optiarc DVD RW AD-7200S
Audio - Realtek High Definition Audio

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users