Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Electronic shop - legit or scam ?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 wardenx

wardenx

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:50 PM

Hello, i build new PC, i find shop with nice prices, can you tell me, scam or legit ?

DragonStore.eu

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:07 PM

If you can even ask a question like that...why would you consider purchasing anything from that vendor/website?

Louis

#3 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

I'm looking around online but I'm not finding a lot on them. Doesn't mean they aren't trustworthy but I'd choose another site that has more reputation. Which country do you live in?

#4 Will5200

Will5200

• Members
  • 141 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:07 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 04:16 PM

Their Whois record is what concerns me, http://whois.domaintools.com/dragonstore.eu. The registrant record is not disclosed, although it's a good bet that the operator is in Poland.

#5 buddy215

buddy215

• 13,305 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 05:01 PM

Try to find reviews for that site. I hope you have more success doing that than I did. No reviews found tells me to stay away from

that site....far away. 

Actually, I'm thinking the OP is spamming.

“Every atom in your body came from a star that exploded and the atoms in your left hand probably came from a different star than your right hand. It really is the most poetic thing I know about physics...you are all stardust.”Lawrence M. Krauss
A 1792 U.S. penny, designed in part by Thomas Jefferson and George Washington, reads “Liberty Parent of Science & Industry.”

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,271 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 07:56 PM

Has anyone else tried looking up or using any of the webpage links (on the site homepage) that typically help one to decide what's going on with the site?  None of them worked properly for me.

Louis

#7 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:07 PM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 05:04 AM

Looking at the replies, I don't think this is a trustworthy site :mellow: . Try something else OP.

#8 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 04:45 PM

Hmm, phone number and address on the site is actually for Scan.co.uk (who are a completely legitimate, well known UK computer supplier).  However they make no mention of being anything to do with Scan, and Scan make no mention of Dragonstore on their website or social media.  Also they claim to have a Royal Warrant in the name of "Dragonstore", which is false.  A legit operation would have no need to use anonymous domain registration IMO.  Take from this what you want but I wouldn't touch it with a bargepole.

Edited by jonuk76, 22 December 2016 - 04:47 PM.

7sbvuf-6.png

#9 jonuk76

jonuk76

• Members
  • 2,180 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 04:57 AM

Scan say it's nothing to do with them... Avoid at all costs.

7sbvuf-6.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users