Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost WI-FI connection

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 HalfBreed

HalfBreed

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:11 AM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:11 AM

I have a  ASUS 81A laptop, everything was working fine, I shut it down last Mon. the 12th. I loaded my Laptop in it's case and it stayed until this am. Now here's the problem when I turn it on it shows no WI-FI connection available.(It always shows at least 3-4 connections that are locked but at least available or not but right now nothing) I checked the small switch on the the side to make sure it's turned on, it is. I right clicked on the bottom right side of the screen where there is a red x showing not internet connection and all it shows is Airplane mode, I've changed that to VPN mode nothing. Here's what has me confused & I can't figure it out is that my Puter is showing no Wi-Fi adapter. I would appreciate any help someone could give my. I have checked my Router all connections, everything I can think of. I am running Windows 10 and have had no other problems until now.

Thanks for your help in advance.

HalfBreed

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 22 December 2016 - 05:23 PM.
Moved from 'Programming' to 'Internal hardware'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 HalfBreed

HalfBreed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:19 PM

Well I see no help for this problem, thanks anyway, & I hope everyone has a great Christmas.

#3 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:11 AM

Posted 22 December 2016 - 11:31 PM

ASUS 81A laptop turns up no hits on the net , from what i can tell its not a known model of asus laptop, as for what you can do i know many laptops have mini-pci cards in em often for wifi, i know mine douse.

You could try and clean it and see what happens.

As well what your saying is it doesn't show up in device manager ?

#4 HalfBreed

HalfBreed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:15 AM

My mistake it is a Model U80A. where is the mini-pci card located? Once again sorry for my mistake on the model #. Is the pci located next to the slide switch on the outer right side of the Laptop?

Edited by HalfBreed, 23 December 2016 - 04:16 AM.

#5 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 04:30 AM

normaly it would be on the underside someware hidden under a pannal,but your laptop is a ultra slim so i dout you can change it as well did some reserch on the topic to see if i could buy a new mini pci wifi card for your system and didn't get any hits.

As well what your saying is it doesn't show up in device manager ?

A network rebuild on a software/driver level sounds like what needs to be done next, im going to have to read up lol.

Iknow in win98 this topic wasn't a problem to do but im not pro at win10,but im good at finding things on the net and iv bin doing this topic 35 years. lets see what happens.

And no im not in win98 atm thoguh i do have a runing vintage gaming computer all setup and good to go that is.

#6 HalfBreed

HalfBreed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 23 December 2016 - 09:30 AM

Found it under device manager, shows "Wan adapter" just that the wi-fi light on the computer isn't coming on. tried mashing th FN & the wi-fi key(F2) at the same time and nothing

#7 Planemaster2

Planemaster2

• Members
  • 362 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:11 AM

Posted 23 December 2016 - 10:41 AM

Right click the WAN Adapter > properties > power management > untick "Allow my computer to turn it off to save power"

#8 HalfBreed

HalfBreed
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 46 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:19 AM

Well, Just dropped in to let you know that didn't work so i have a cat3 I ran into the Laptop and nothing seems to work. I've screwed my LT up so much it's pitiful. Thanks for trying to help. Looks like it's to the shop and let someone smarter than me fix it. Thanks for the help.

#9 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  

Posted 24 December 2016 - 03:21 AM

Np, wish we could have bin of more help :mellow:

#10 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,690 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:11 AM

Posted 26 December 2016 - 01:22 PM

Try doing a System Restore, us a restore point dated prior to any changes you have made.  This may get the computer back to the basic problem where we can help you from there.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users