Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer freezes

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 snic550

snic550

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 21 December 2016 - 02:29 AM

Hello folks. I'ts been already two weeks that my computer starts to freeze when I turn it on. It usually freezes on startup, when windows 10 logo appears, if it does not freeze at that point, it stops responding and again freezes as soon as desktop picture appears. I need to restart the computer like 20 times before it starts functioning well. so it takes like half of an hour till it's fully turned on. When it freezes at the startup, after I restart it, it says that windows did not start properly and it needs to be restarted, I restart it and again freezes. So according to my computer knowledge which is 0, is it a windows problem or computer one? If it is computer problem, can you please tell me, which part exactly causes this problem. ( I really hope it's not HDD). Thanks in advance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:43 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:43 AM

You could try taking the hole pc apart and cleaning everything with electronic contact cleaner, re-seat cpu etc, as well when you try and start the pc do it with min hardware, just try and see if you can get the mobo to post.

#3 miklo1904

miklo1904

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 08:50 AM

Have you tried booting into safe mode? If not try that and see if it still freezes also in your search box  type "msconfig" then go to startup and see if theres stuff in there that shouldnt be there like weird named search tools and stuff like that. Just uncheck things and reboot sometimes it can just be a faulty driver hanging the system up lemme know if this helps k.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,277 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:43 PM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 09:13 AM

Please post the make and model of this computer.

Did this computer come with Windows 10 installed, or did you upgrade to Windows 10?

If you can get the computer to boot to the point that it is functional please do the following.

Please run sfc /scannow

The sfc /scannow command scans all protected system files and replaces corrupted and incorrect versions with correct Microsoft versions.

To open the Command Prompt press the Windows keywindowskey_zps092d5c75.png and the X key at the same time.   A menu will open with the option Command Prompt (Admin), click/tap on this.

You will see a window similar to the one below.

command%20prompt%20w8_zpsxjmewau9.png

When the Elevated Command Prompt opens copy and paste in sfc /scannow, then press Enter.

This will take a while,  have patience and allow it finish.  Stopping this scan could damage files.  

When the scan is finished please post the log of this scan.

Do the following to access the sfc /scannow log.

Open the Command Prompt, copy and paste the command below followed by pressing the Enter key.

copy %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log "%userprofile%\Desktop\cbs.txt"

This will place a new icon on the desktop titled CBS.   

Please noticeThis log usually is very large, for this reason you should use a host website like Dropbox to post the log.  You can start a free 30 day trial.  Once you have loaded the log at Dropbox post a link to the website.

Double click on this icon to open the CBS log, copy and paste the log in your dropbox account and post the link in your topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users