Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BSOD After BIOS Update (Win 7)

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Seyla0

Seyla0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 11:17 AM

Hello,

Recently I have been running into some issues with my computer that lead me to attempt a bios update.

I have an MSI-M 7821 (Z87-G45 Gaming).

I went to MSI's website and ran the Live Update 6 tool in order to get this BIOS update. After it detected and flashed my bios, I can no longer successfully start windows.

Each time I start windows, I am greeted with an option to Repair or start normally, followed by a bluescreen.

Neither system repair nor system restore have worked.

I cannot get into safe mode without bluescreening as well.

Currently, I am just flashing all of the previous bios versions to see if that will fix it - but nothing is working.

The error code I am receiving is: STOP: 0X0000007B (0XFFFFF880009A98E8, 0XFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)

I can provide additional information if necessary.

Thank you.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 nathanwellsonline

nathanwellsonline

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 12:54 PM

I would say to check the hard drive for its health. It may be just be a failing hard drive.

#3 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 06:43 PM

I had this problem at work with an MSI board not long ago.
It turns out that the CPU wasn't compatible with the motherboard (even though the socket was the correct one).

Reverting the BIOS to a previous version allowed it to continue working.

I can't recall exactly what happened - but I do recall that I found the problem (and the fix) on the MSI forums.

Good luck!

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#4 old rocker

old rocker

• Members
  • 484 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 09:10 PM

@Seyla0

You may be able to reflash your system BIOS through DOS

*****(if you wish to try different Bios versions, they must be downloaded individually however you only need to perform the Next step once.)

Next download AFUDE238.ZIP - recomended flash utility for DOS.

Read the page you are directed to download AFUDE238.ZIP and note the different commands that can be used with this utility.

Just a thought Maybe / Maybe Not

Old Rocker

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users