The Windows ACPI driver, Acpi.sys, is an inbox component of the Windows operating system. The responsibilities of Acpi.sys include support for power management and Plug and Play (PnP) device enumeration. (Reference: https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff540493(v=vs.85).aspx)
Follow this flow for me please:
Hardware or driver problem identification
1. Remove all unnecessary peripheral devices from your computer, such as printers, scanners and removable storage devices.
2. Restart the computer.
Does this work?
If it does not
1. Use step one from above again
2. Restart the computer into Safe Mode (NOTE: In Safe Mode, your system display and Desktop will look and perform differently than in Normal Mode. This is only temporary.)
**NOTE: If you have 8/10 and CANNOT get to the steps in the KB article because of your error try this: SHUT DOWN COMPUTER FIRST! Next, Press and hold CTRL, press power button and immediately start pressing F11
***If the above note doesn't work force reboot your computer a few times by holding down power after allowing it a moment to attempt to boot hold down until the unit is completely off, repeat a few time you'll then get a blue screen with options to take you into "Advanced Options" (This may not come up as an option until startup repair completes)
At this point in my instructions I will need you to report back IF you were able to get back into your system and see your desktop and note which process worked. From there we can move forward onto additional troubleshooting.
Also please report back with answers to the best of your ability to the following Questions:
1. What OS do you have? (Example: Windows 7, 8/8.1 or Windows 10)
2. When did you notice this problem? (Happened while using the PC or after being rebooted?)
3. When the problem happened did you make any changes to the system? (Example: installed software, added hardware to the computer like more RAM? or Printer/USB device?)
4. Shortly before the problem, did your computer show signs of unusual activity? (Slowness, pop-ups or error codes any noises?)
Edited by MichaelV702, 22 December 2016 - 01:48 PM.