Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

What should I do with my random freezing PC?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 AgusSueiro

AgusSueiro

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 01:49 AM

Good day for you that reads this post, and thanks in advance for yout time! Since I bought this PC at the beginning of the year, problems never ceased. At first I had BSOD every 30 minutes. I changed my ram stick and the MoBo and it was replaced by random complete freezes. Some of the many times it froze, the screen showed a lot of points and lines with flickering colours. I've just formatted all my files (but not the OS) and it's still happening. Should I hard format my HDD or ask Tech Support to change my CPU? Also, when tech support changed my MoBo they said they didn't format my pc because there wasn't any problem with the old drivers, though I uninstalled them later. When I formatted my pc some hours ago, drivers were still there, so that could also be causing trouble.

My specs are:
-Apu A10 7870k (integrated GPU) 
-8Gb Kingston HyperX Fury 1866Mhz
-Asus A88XM-E
-1Tb HDD Western Caviar Blue

Also, I haven't overclocked anything

I'm sorry I've posted this twice, but I don't know how to change the forum where I posted the first one.

Thanks again for your time!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 20 December 2016 - 03:15 AM

K i hope you know how to work a bios, burn in testing time and watch your voltages and heat as you do it, max temp for your cpu is 72c,max vcore 1.4V, TDP 95W.

Normal my self i do this on a basic clean install with nothing but trusted drivers, no data drives and at times with min hardware.

As well have you done the rounds with anti-virus like apps to make shoure the system is clean ?

How mouch crashing we talking about ? like once per two days or once per 10 min ?

If the system starts to crash or their errors slow the system speed down.

http://openhardwaremonitor.org/

https://www.passmark.com/products/bit.htm

Post back when you know more plz.

Ps you on a stock heat sink ?

Edited by shadow_647, 20 December 2016 - 04:17 AM.

#3 AgusSueiro

AgusSueiro
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:37 AM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 03:31 AM

Hi! Thanks for your answer. I've been doing some hard stress tests for my cpu and gpu and, although I do have a stock heat sink, none of them got higher temperatures than 60° C. I've formatted my hard drive and reinstalled windows 7, so I don't have any virus (I've also run a Malwarebytes scan just to be shure). It varies. The day before yesterday it was crashing every 10 minutes, but since I installed Windows7 eight hours ago it crashed only once, half an hour ago. It looks like random crashing (although I know this is impossible). It looks like nothing is triggering it. Some crashes happen with a completely frozen screen, and some show strange dots and lines on the screen with some tiny red dots flickering. I'm trying to find a way to post some photos of it. Tomorrow I'll call Tech Support, but they'll say "bring your PC asap" as always. I'm looking fordward for your answer. Thanks for your time.

#4 shadow_647

shadow_647

• Banned
  • 1,430 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 21 December 2016 - 06:12 AM

Your cpu all most 100TDP that's a lot compared to mine, think mine is like half that and water cooled and it hardly pushes past 50c under full load after 20 min or more as well has a higher temp limit then your cpu.

In this review with a 125TDP AMD cpu its in the high 70c with the same cooler that comes with your cpu the AMD Wraith cooler, decent cooler for stock but im still not liking your temps.

Remember the limit for the cpu is like 70c so if your at like 60C i would probably get a better cooler and i wouldn't overclock.

wraithline.png

https://techreport.com/review/29691/amd-wraith-cpu-cooler-reviewed

My self i would probably upgrade the cooler as well as a full tear down of the computer and cleaning.

One thing you can do with out changing anything is drop speed on the cpu by like 50% and lower Vcore as well and see if that changes anything.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users